Gutted - passenger door mirror scraped

I was running late this morning and I managed to scrape the passenger door mirror of my RS200 on the garage door frame!! :thumb1:

I have done the best I can to disguise the damage (which is very minor) but I am assuming the gloss black cover can be removed and sprayed? If so, how easy is it to remove the gloss black section of the mirror?

Clio RS200 ownership was never going to be easy.... :blink:

The mirror caps pop off easy enough.

The glass pops out and the mirro caps just unclip with a couple of flat head screw drivers.

i have attacked the mirror with Auto Glym SRP and plastic Trim Gel and I am left with a small patch of the black painted plastic that needs touching in... I am so cross with myself and I have wrapped the garage door frame with bubble wrap! OCD or what..... ?!?

i have attacked the mirror with Auto Glym SRP and plastic Trim Gel and I am left with a small patch of the black painted plastic that needs touching in... I am so cross with myself and I have wrapped the garage door frame with bubble wrap! OCD or what..... ?!?

Don't blame you wrapping it

Send it to SprayShack mate, I done the same a week or two ago to my passenger side mirror.They are very easy to pay, the colour match is perfect and excellent turn around time.

I have already mentioned this to them; I have just ordered a KTR Sprint spoiler from them and I have heard that their work is first class!

Send it to SprayShack mate, I done the same a week or two ago to my passenger side mirror.They are very easy to pay, the colour match is perfect and excellent turn around time.

If my car ever needs a respray I will be sending it to them lol! Their work is excellent, and brilliant customer service. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Sprayshack are painting my KTR Sprint spoiler and I have decided that I will send BOTH mirror caps to them soon to be painted metallic Deep Black to match the factory black roof that I have... I just need to work out how to get the buggers off!! :smile:

Sprayshack are painting my KTR Sprint spoiler and I have decided that I will send BOTH mirror caps to them soon to be painted metallic Deep Black to match the factory black roof that I have... I just need to work out how to get the buggers off!! :smile:

Its easy enough bud, they should just pop off. If I remember right you need to fold the mirrors in and take them off that way.

Move your mirror glass around so you can get your fingers behind it (the glass) and give it a good pull, it's only clipped into a plastic ring so does come off.

When thats off you'll see about four tabs holding the cover on, use a flat bladed screwdriver to unclip these and the covers will come off easy.

When i was changing my covers i pulled the first one off by brute force without removing the glass first, it broke two of the clips so if i ever wanted to refit they'd probably be loose, luckily i was fitting my carbon covers so may not need them again.

Similar Thread Suggestions