Grrr car scraped on a wall

So not all that happy with myself right now, just scraped my immaculate 6 month old Clio 200 along my wall trying to park it in the garage.

photo1.gif

It seems to have gone down to the plastic, it feels rough to the touch in some places. The worst area is between the front wing/bumper and there are some lighter scratches above as well.

What's likely to need done and what should I be looking to pay? Will they be able to address the affected area or will the entire wing/bumper need doing too?

either a respray or a smart repair will sort that mate. get a price for both but ask to see other work if its a smart repair as some are absolutely crap!! good luck buddy

Ouch mate the dreaded curse back again.good knows how much to get it done but all the best with it getting done

I'm going to get estimates from a few bodyshops tomorrow and also my mate who owns a chips away franchise. There doesn't seem to be any damage other than the paint itself.

Stupid on my part, can't see it being cheap to get repaired either!

Wouldn't worry about it mate just make sure its a good repair... a crap repair will cause you endless headache :smile:

I hit a wall in mine, felt a right tool mate, I can sympathise with you.

Not cool!! I threw a wobbly when i scratched the bonnet lifting the wipers up!

Get a good repair and all will be good again!

Ye, you don't have to pull them up far and they catch. At least being an alloy bonnet it won't rust. Mine had an inch of paint missing I didn't notice when I bought it. Touched it up now, but you can't see it anyway tbh.

Dude that doesnt look good! I hope you get it sorted quickly. Just like i hope i get my engine issues sorted quickly.

Either way one thing is for certain............theres gonna be £££ pain.

STUPID design that is!

Ye, you don't have to pull them up far and they catch. At least being an alloy bonnet it won't rust. Mine had an inch of paint missing I didn't notice when I bought it. Touched it up now, but you can't see it anyway tbh.

Very stupid design, can't get my head round why they would make it like that!

Yer i'll touch it up soon, as you say at least it won't rust.

It's soooooo annoying when that happens!

This morning I managed to do virtually the same thing to my passenger side front wing whilst backing out of our garage and am now sporting a big white graze for my efforts! Also the bumper/wing aren't lined up quite right any more so all in all i'm absolutely kicking myself!

Just thought I'd provide an update, I got 2 quotes today for £225 and £220. Not as bad as I had first feared.

They will both spray the entire wing and blend the paint under the front bumper.

Oh right, not too bad I suppose. I need to get my bumper sorted out, just finding the time to take it somewhere that is open when I'm not at work.