Green available?

Hi guys, new guy here with a quick question.

Just spoken to my local Renault dealer about a offers on a new Clio 200. He said thay are doing 4 years free servicing and breakdown for £289 deposit and £289 per month for 4 years followed by a balloon payment at the end of roughly £5k.

After hearing this I nipped online to customise my own 200 and there wasnt the option of green? Have they stopped this colour now or is it not available on the 200??

Chris

nearly 20k for a 200? bloody hell that's a lot! Green is available only in the 200 (it wasn't an option on the 197) and I wouldn't have thought that they stopped doing it. Maybe worth dropping them a call? what about LY?

nearly 20k for a 200? bloody hell that's a lot! Green is available only in the 200 (it wasn't an option on the 197) and I wouldn't have thought that they stopped doing it. Maybe worth dropping them a call? what about LY?

I worked it out to be £19,000 - and the final payment was only a rough estimate so nothing written in stone.

I don't think it's too bad a deal, 100,000 mile/4 years warranty, 4 years servicing and 4 years breakdown cover. Guessing the servicing would've been around £200 a pop, and the breakdown cover at around £40 p/annum? Total peace of mind? There's been worse deals I know that much.

On top of that, there's only £289 to find in the first place.

Alien Green has been discontinued as has Storm Grey. Unfortunately for you Alien Green is the best colour for the 200.

Alien Green has been discontinued as has Storm Grey. Unfortunately for you Alien Green is the best colour for the 200.

N0ddie is 100% correct. Green IS the best colour 200 (not including white, which is obvious). But that goes without saying.

he mentioned that the 289 was 'renaults' offer but they can do it cheaper (they being Lookers). Not sure what I want at the mo between the cup and 200

The green is not available anymore, as far as I know the colours come from Japan (near Fukushima) and thats the problem...

Basically Renault cancelled the 2 colours that weren't being bought. Something silly like 2% of Clio sales were spec'd with Green so it wasnt worth their time offering it.

Now the fact the 2 colours that were pulled were like £1200 optional extra's might have had something to do with the fact no-one was buying them but hey, who am i to judge... :001_rolleyes:

And think the Alien Green is too much of a marmite colour. We were advised against buying it as we wouldnt be able to sell it, but we bought it cause we loved it.

Is anyone currently/recently bought a new 200?

I'm REALLY tempted - so will approach Lookers/Renault over the next couple of weeks.

What specs have people been ordering? And what deals have they been able to haggle down to?

i.e. deposits - length of contract - price p/month

I've not bought a new car before... (197 was through my uncle) so could do with all the help I can get!

Thanks

Is anyone currently/recently bought a new 200?

I'm REALLY tempted - so will approach Lookers/Renault over the next couple of weeks.

What specs have people been ordering? And what deals have they been able to haggle down to?

i.e. deposits - length of contract - price p/month

I've not bought a new car before... (197 was through my uncle) so could do with all the help I can get!

Thanks

I've bought, for better or worse, 4 new cars in the last 5 years. My recommendation is to be intimidating and harsh, dealers can be haggled and will come down in price. If you're not this type of person, take someone with a strong personality. I've been walked over before, and the lesson cost me a small fortune.

For instance, I recently visited a VW dealership and was discussing a new GTi. After half an hour I managed to haggle them down to knock almost £2,000 off list price AND throw in 3 years servicing for £99, and free GAP insurance.

And the golden rule is to make a note of the "total amount payable" figure, and make sure you're completely comfortable with this.

im currently looking in to getting one and going to Lookers tomorrow. Thinking Liquid Yellow at the minute. Spec wise im currently thinking 200 cup with Recaros. As stated earlier, price p/m is £279 for 4 years plus balloon at the end but that is for a cup without any extras.