Gravity 197 Exhaust Manifold

g10far

Paid Member
Hi All

I was looking to buy the Toyosports manifold but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. There looks to be a similar alternative on ebay:

It's branded Gravity but looks almost identical to the Toyosports version. My question is has anyone purchased the Gravity one? If so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Plenty people on Facebook pages have, they're all the same, Toyo etc (probably made by same person and just rebranded).

Reactions: g10far
Have any of you guys bought these? Ive just had one fitted to my 200 and it rattles horrendously against the subframe when pulling away or accelerating through lower gears. Im in conversation with Gravity at present but they seem as clued up as a fiesta driver tbh. Wondering if anyone has a solve for the relentless rattle

Have you considered changing some of the mounts in the engine bay from OEM versions to something a little more sturdy like PowerFlex versions? If you replace the upper torque mount and lower engine mount it may reduce some of the movement of the manifold/exhaust as the engine does not flex as much under acceleration.

Reactions: Sean197
Have any of you guys bought these? Ive just had one fitted to my 200 and it rattles horrendously against the subframe when pulling away or accelerating through lower gears. Im in conversation with Gravity at present but they seem as clued up as a fiesta driver tbh. Wondering if anyone has a solve for the relentless rattle

As @burrellbloke says you can fit the powerflex upper torque mount and/or the lower dog mount. You can also have a notch cut out of the subframe which is a common fix for the toyosport manifold.

As @burrellbloke says you can fit the powerflex upper torque mount and/or the lower dog mount. You can also have a notch cut out of the subframe which is a common fix for the toyosport manifold.
Literally this - I went for the powerflex bushings (get some pretty crazy vibrations from them but it's my weekend car so doesn't bother me and they have since settled after ~500 miles or so). Some others have taken a small notch out of their subframe for the extra clearance too... I'm sure there was a thread on here about it.

Slacken off the top torque arm engine mount and the bottom engine mount from the front of the car change the angle of the engine that will fix the clearance issue with the subframe but most likely cause of flexi failure is wear or play in the mounts so need changed anyway

I took the steps suggested above when I had my Pure Motorsport manifold fitted a couple of months ago ( Powerflex upper torque mount and lower dog mount).

I've not had any issues with the manifold fouling on things, though I do have a heatshield issue at the middle/rear.

No worries. Just curious as I fitted one to my mates a few weeks ago.
Couldn’t fit his shield, so was looking to see if you’d got a solution :tearsofjoy: