Got my Volvo C30 T5 R-Desiqn

The C30 is a nice car, but they aren't meant to be that great from what I have heard. It's a shame really, it's the same story with Alfas. They make some blindingly stunning cars, but they just aren't good enough when it comes to doing anything better than rivals which cost the same but have a better badge. Take the Alfa 156, competitor for the 3 series and C-class. Never sells as many because it isn't RWD, hasn't got the badge, engine range, prestige, fuel economy, etc. A missed opportunity.

The C30 is a nice car, but they aren't meant to be that great from what I have heard. It's a shame really, it's the same story with Alfas. They make some blindingly stunning cars, but they just aren't good enough when it comes to doing anything better than rivals which cost the same but have a better badge. Take the Alfa 156, competitor for the 3 series and C-class. Never sells as many because it isn't RWD, hasn't got the badge, engine range, prestige, fuel economy, etc. A missed opportunity.

Meh... your not wrong. The C30 is beautifully built and very comfortable, with plenty of good toys, but they are quite expensive. The book price of a fully loaded T5 when i bought mines was £25k and theres plenty of German stuff will rival it, maybe even get you better value.

A well specced Civic Type R is 20k ish so are the Golf and Scirocco.

In short i agree, it can be easily outshadowed, but they arnt as common as the rest... and ill say it again, you have to buy the proper engine (the T5) and it pretty much becomes a mini GT coupe, very nice for eating miles.