Got HEL brake lines ?

A2ON

Platinum Member
Hi,

Has anyone fitted HEL lines ?

Did you notice they were longer than normal lines ?

Did this cause you an issue with the line then becoming close to the wheel once fitted ?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Arron

I'm using the HEL full stainless ones. Can't say I noticed much difference in length, didn't have them side by side to the standard ones. Not had a single porblem since fitting them though and no signs of them rubbing on anything either (cheek this weekly), worry not young man just get them fitted. :smile:

Hmmm... :worried:

I've noticed your thread looking for the rubber holder things!?! I know it's a bit gypsy, but maybe just bang a load of cable ties on for now before you go away.

I will order new brackets fingers crossed they wont take to long as i can only assume on got a bit bend when fitting , they are only thin ally

With , but it looks like it got bent ? but you can also move the hose ie pull it through the gromits leaving more exposed to the wheel etc

Very hard to explain

Ah sounds like they should have been okay but yeh there's a bit of excess and just needs distributing carefully.

I got my HELs from ktec who apparently designed a set specifically for 197 fitment. Mine fitted perfectly.

yours fitted with the bracket ben ?

would be cool to see a pic of the braket and lines on someones elses ,

even if only through the wheel s?

if anyone has 5 mins spare.

yours fitted with the bracket ben ?

would be cool to see a pic of the braket and lines on someones elses ,

even if only through the wheel s?

if anyone has 5 mins spare.

Cant tonight mate shes locked up and im still on the road coming back from Beaulieu in the misses car, it'll be well past my bedtime by the time i crash land. Remind me tomorrow and i shall only be too happy to help with a pic :smile:

Thanks mate , will just order new ones if i can get the part number as i am sure one got bent however knowing how and where to bend it back to is a different story so new is win for me i think

My HEL lines have two small rubber sleeves on the front which 'pop' into said bracket around the front strut, much like the original design ( assuming 200 is same ). I have had them pop out occassionally on full lock and rub on the inside of the wheel. Nothing a cable tie didnt sort out though

Ahh now i see mine is really bent the bit closest to the caliper sticks out horizontal not down hugging the hub like his

thanks mate really really appreciate this

People have had problems with fitment of braided lines on every owners club I've ever been on, that's why I've always stayed clear....it's the last part on my car I want rubbing through!

Heres mine...

picture.php