Got back in the 197 this morning and...

richandgem

Platinum Member
My god its quick. I was driving roung my bosses pick up all last week, and I picked my grandparents up from southampton on Saturday. I used their Ford Focus for that.

Jumped back in the 197 this morning to go work and I'd forgot how fast it is, I've fallen in love with it all over again :thumbup:

I know what you mean, spent a week in a 1.4 astra a while back. Feels good getting back into the 197! Sometimes its good to have a break from a fast car just to make it feel fast again

A week in a 1.2 eco Clio courtesy car meant that when i got got back in the 197 i was over the moon. For all its faults its a superb car to drive on song.

i know the exact feelin too! when am over visiting my girlfriends parents on the islands i drive their 1.2 clio, the old style, same as my last car. when i get back to the mainland and back into my 197 it feels incredible, totally appreciate how great it is to drive, and how quick it is...magic feelin!

Awwwww mate ure rubbing it in lol. Mine is back home lifeless I just want to drive it arrrgghhhhhh

I know what you mean, I drive the Transit Connect all week and when I get in mine it feels like a rocket!

Today I was very happy, I came up behind a Mini Cooper S, 56 plate. I could tell he was out for a spirited drive because he was getting close to the car infront. Anyway, the car infront of him turned off. We were both at standstill and he booted it! All this dirty black smoke came out the exhausts and he was off. I had already prepared myself to do the same and dispite having a boot full of clothing, shoes, a laptop, etc from holiday and just under half a tank, me and the missus in the car, I easily kept up with him alone in his!

So I was very happy! Nudged 90 and had to slow for the corner. He obviously didn't know what he was doing when it came to corners though because he braked mid corner and nearly lost the rear!

I also forgot how amazin the seats are, after driving round sitting on a sofa it's great to have some support

I love going out in the Clio on a weekend after been in my crappy lil C2 all week, it feels like someone has hit the hyperspace button and aw jeez Recaro's are the comfiest seats ever!