Gordini Cup Pack

Hi,

im looking to purchase a Clio 200 with cup pack and have come across this Gordini,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133766038790?hash=item1f2513c506:g:ozAAAOSw~YVgpgZk

As far as I’m aware Gordinis did not have the cup pack as standard and if they did wouldn’t have red callipers, making it harder to tell. I checked the springs for an orange/blue mark but couldn’t find it. Is there any other way to tell whether it has the cup pack. I understand the steering rack is faster, does this mean that the lock to lock would be different between cup/non cup cars?

I have a Gordini in black. Was fitted with Cup pack from new, has red calipers and correctly coloured springs. They were spec’d along with Tom Tom. Hope that helps.

I have a Gordini in black. Was fitted with Cup pack from new, has red calipers and correctly coloured springs. They were spec’d along with Tom Tom. Hope that helps.
Thanks, I didn’t realise gordini cups also have red callipers. Guess I’ll give this one a miss as the cup pack is a must

Reactions: tomhlord
Thanks, I didn’t realise gordini cups also have red callipers. Guess I’ll give this one a miss as the cup pack is a must

Why is it a must? They were all bolt on bits, most need suspension changing anyway due to age (so you can then put something better than the cup dampers and springs, as they're pretty stiff and not a lot of compliance to many people), the rack was like 5-6% quicker, I don't think many people will notice the difference (but if you really want one, you can buy one and add it on).

What I'm getting at, don't write off a non-cup packed one, as you're already limiting yourself by going for a Gordini (as they are rare already) then to find a cup packed one on top narrows the chance of finding one.

Like @suj says if you want a Gordini that one looks reasonable from the advert as it has had the belts done and is low mileage.

If you want a cup packed 197 or 200 then you can probably get cheaper non-Gordini versions.

Reactions: Ollie-t
I think your getting confused there is a cup car (standard key hard plastic finish) and also a cup pack if your after the cup wing you can kiss that goodbye that Gordini has the GT spoiler which I personally like but you cant remove it and drill the two holes for the cup spoiler as the boot has mounting point profiles pressed in it and as for the suspension and brakes I haven't seen a red brake caliper stop any quicker than a grey one, the shocks and springs are just that and can be bolted on and not now much different in price. Standard suspension is fine if you have good tires against cup suspension I think buying a good serviced history/ Timing Belted car that one with the bolt on options also the Gordini is a unique blue colour not the normal renaultsport blue colours so if your swapping the boot to another (cup spoiler fitted compatible) cheap is not going to happen. And I don't know if it effects you the 197 is a five seater the 200 is four seater.

The cup rack is 7.5% quicker and Gordinis with the cup chassis also don't had the stripes on the roof.

Options

Cup chassis (lower rid height versus Renaultsportchassis and stiffer springs and dampers, also includes red Brembo calipers.) (2)

(2) If ordered Gordini stripes on bonnet and tailgate only, not roof (not available with Cup chassis)

Something else to consider. Gordinis never came with the Recaro CS Sportsters from what I know. Only the standard Recaros with blue accentuation were available.

Reactions: tomhlord