GoPro HD Hero 2

A2ON

Platinum Member
Just got mine through the post !

First impressions are its megga.

Looks ok and will be a far cry from the camera i have been using .

Now to buy a screen and rmeote lol :roll:

Had mine a month or so, seems pretty good though I think I'll end up using it at 980 rather than the full 1080.

Mainly got it because of the better image quality and so it'll work with the wifi backpack.

why is is so stupid that i find it hard / impossible to tighten the mount because the case is in the way ?

do you have this ?

It's close but not really had that problem and I have BIG hands, you're not using the wrong thumb screw?

I remember there being a short/long one.

legend i was uing the wring screw lol

is it a good idea to have it on max hd for track days

i hope the 3 mounts are up to the job

Better to have it running on 60fps on a slightly lower resolution. I've got an original HD Hero and run it 720 @ 60fps then you can make awesome slo-mo scenes. Slo-mo @ 30fps looks jumpy, although watching some of the 1080p movies I made on my bike makes me wish that could be 60fps!

EDIT: just saw you can do 960p @ 48fps on the new one, that would be perfect for everything. Anyone want to buy a HD Hero 1? lol

I've got the original and love it. As Grumpy said you'll,be using the wrong screw.

Ours is mounted onto of the clock surround. Have stuck one of the stickies there and just add and remove the camera when required. Awesome bits of kit. Not brave enough to try an outside shot yet.

i have no idea how to change the fps any clues ?

why would that be better than 1080p ?

im dumb about this stuff also.

good to hear the sticky pad works ok on the clock surround

Just brought a LCD screen for it !!! bloody expensive hobbie

I'd say 960-40 would be better for trackdays as it captures fast motion better but not sure if youtube etc. actually do anything over 30fps.

You'll find 1080p video mahoosive though so it's only useful for specific laps.

It should say on the little lcd screen e.g.

1080 - 30

So 1080p @ 30fps, there's a setting for NTSC/PAL but leave it on NTSC trust me :smile:

Mine was set to 960p and this what I got.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS07nGd5xkc&list=UUduzCB8r3yPvANDI0rmzR7g&index=7&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

I've heard of people using lanyards as a safety for them, so you mount it close to say a door handle but loop the lanyard through the door handle.

Worst comes to worst it just dangles about a bit (hopefully without scratching your paint).