GoodYear Eagle F1

Just chipping in with my experience of the Eagle F1's -

Had ContiSport 5's on when I bought the car (Feb), ran them for about 2 months until I got a puncture in 1 of my fronts and ended up replacing both front's with F1's.

Both seem to have fantastic wet and dry grip, the F1's seem a little more "comfortable" on the road, I don't feel like I notice the rough road surface quite as much as the Contis.

I've never really reached the limit of either tyre, and rate both very highly. I picked the F1's up for £69 per tyre from Tyreleader - DOT marked late 2014.

Agree with this, feels like they have a softer sidewall compared to the contintentals, which is very good for commuting, and doesn't really make much difference on track either :smiley:

Agree with this, feels like they have a softer sidewall compared to the contintentals, which is very good for commuting, and doesn't really make much difference on track either :smiley:

This came up earlier about load rating, and speed rating etc. - here's the exact description of the ones I bought from Tyre Leader;

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 215/45 R17 91Y XL, MFS, R1

Breakdown - (Although most of you probably know this);

is the Load Index and the Y is the speed rating - good for 186mph
The XL is reinforced tyre so it can carry more weight - I'd have thought this isn't necessary though?
The MFS is "Maximum Flange Shield" which is a small lip designed to reduce curb damage - with the shape of the alloys though I'm not sure it actually does anything useful
And the R1 shows it's the latest mould version.