Goodbye people

Its been a while since i last posted and im now posting to say goodbye.

I have traded the clio in for a new seat ibiza cupra in candy white. Now before you all start laughing the reason why its gone is the finance has run out so its time for a change and its FASTER than a 197 and its only a 1.4 (all be it super and turbocharged). Its cheaper to run cheaper to insure and tax.

Sorry to see it go really ive loved it, i'll always have a place in my heart for the beast as its been the best car i have owned so far.

So goodbye people.

Bye Phill..sorry to see you go..it was good to meet you at the photoshoot, and I hope that you enjoy your new car..:smile:

Sorry to see you go phil. Know you were saying you wouldn't be at another FCS due to sale plans.

Liking the sound of the new car. Got any pics.?
I may have to go look at them at the dealers to see what they look like.

im going to be sad to see it go really but the warranty is up soon and i dont do MOT's. I probably still come to FCS and say hello next year because my gf has got a pug 107 and its a good car show. I'll stick some photos of it when i pick it up.

I drove it today and was very impresed by the engine and i couldn't belive how fast it was for a 1.4. I've just tried to put some photos up off google but couldnt do it.

hey

good choice but its not faster, My m8s got the golf with the dsg box 170 od version my god its amazing for a 1.4 and gr8 on fuel nothing in it to 60 but after that i pull quite a bit and once hes at around 110-120 it takes ages for much more :tongueout:

Nice choice. Really love those 1.4 VAG engines 8) but I really doubt that it's quicker. Maybe from 60-100km/h in 4th or 5th gear but when hammering it I think the Clio is faster.

Get some pics on the forum m8 :biggrin:

agreed the top end on the clio is probably better and there would be no contest on a track, however after driving the clio now for 3 years i recon the ibiza would beat it to 60 as it has better torque and power lower down and its only 17bhp down on the clio.

I'm not slagging the clio off because as i have said i have loved it and when im about 40 and i'm trying to re-live my youth i'll buy one to restore it and tell my kids how good it is whilst they laugh at me.

i'll stick the photos up when i get it

Don't want to be annoying but :tongueout:

Ibiza Cupra - 0-100 km/h 7.20 s
Clio 197 - 0-100 km/h 6.90 s

Let's say the conditions are similar and every car gets a perfect start and shifts perfectly. The Cupra is stil 0,3s down on the Clio which is btw 3 years older. 0-60mph I don't think the Cupra can beat the Clio. As you said the first thing is that the Cupra has more torque ie. harder to put the power down / traction. I'd presume that you have to shift to 3rd gear to get to 100km/h? Just presuming that because we've got a Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150hp home and it gets to 100km/h in 3rd gear. The Clio does in second so you don't loose that fraction of time when you have to shift again. Then it only gets better with the Clio. The gear ratio is sweet and every shift onwards from the 2nd gear puts you in very high revs and that's where the power is.

I'd say that the Cupra doesn't have a chance from a standing start. But from a rolling start from 40-100mph or so I'd say the Clio can't reach the performace of the Cupra.

It's quite simple actually :tongueout:

Acceleration = mass of the vehicle vs. torque
Topspeed = power vs. aerodynamics

And this is where the turbo engine of the Cupra is very good and would probably outrun the Clio. Sure like those small forced engines as they deliver the power low down the rev band. And the tuning potencials of forced engines are far better then a NA's.

My 2 cents :tongueout:

i test drove one before the i got the megane, felt the same as my mates 2001 curpa r nice solid drive but seemed to have the same handling. just not for me, i like my unreliable french cars :smiley:.
good luck with it mate. oh and another thing i do like the look of em, they look quite aggressive.

is this it?
Seat-Ibiza-Bocanegra-0.jpg

I think the pic is of the Bocanegra not the Cupra, basically the same car but with revised styling, as you said it does look very good.

Sorry you are selling the clio but that is a very nice motor to replace it with. Seats in general are very nice atm.