Glacier or Pearl White?

Visited local dealer today to look at getting a new 200.

Upon picking options, salesman said about:

Glacier white: £160
Pearl white: £1,250

What are the differences? Worth the upgrade?, he made no effort to explain when I asked, I only thought there was one white in Clio range.

Cheers.

Mine is pearl and I think it's a fantastic but subtle difference, it gives the car a much greater contrast between flat and curved surfaces. It looks like more of a slightly off white and obviously doesn't look as flat the glacier white does. See my flickr below for plenty of pictures showing off the car/paint combo.

However and a big however I didn't buy mine new and I wouldn't pay £1250 for paint, I got mine nearly new paying roughly the same as a car without any options but actually has several K worth of options ( the best way to do it imo ).

If you want something that stands out Alien Green is the one to go for :smile: but for the love of god get the speedlines, at least those get more than 1 micrometre of paint put on.

pearl white is bloody awesome, never seen on until saw toms the other weekend at blyton! bloody lovely in the sun!

Not sure if pic works but pearl White pics on your flickr account look awesome!

Last edited:
It depends on how nice you want the car to look I suppose. Think I'd try and get some money knocked off the Pearl. £1090 for the different paint is a lot of money.

My Clio is the 20th anniversary version, so my white is pearl white.
I dont think there is a big difference bitween Glacier and Pearl, but the pearl white has a blue or violet essence under the sunlight.

20110327coat03.jpg

Ignore the red circle, you can see blue or violet on the fender.
Hood01.jpg

I've got Pearl and absolutely love it. Not a lot of difference to the untrained eye, but on a nice sunny day it stands out for me. A little (lot) more subtle than AG or LY
DSC_0418-1.jpg
DSC_0579.jpg
DSC_0443.jpg

It depends what's important to you I guess...

I opted for the Glacier White and chose to spend the £1K~ Pearl would have cost me on the Recaro's and other bits and bobs inside the car.

54.jpg

Last edited:
It depends what's important to you I guess...

I opted for the Glacier White and chose to spend the £1K~ Pearl would have cost me on the Recaro's and other bits and bobs inside the car.

Tis a fair point. I needed the standard seats for my newborn at the time (ISOFIX) so thought I'd splash out on a nice paint job instead. Looking to possibly get Recaros in soon though

I would go for pearl every time personally - it looks really good!

Danny, where was the last pic taken - tis a good one!

Pwhaaaaa, never new there was two whites, that pearl is amazing !!! :001_tt1:

Not sure wether is 1K+ tho, maybe (as already suggested) see about getting a 'near as new' already with the option !!

Iv got a LY but dont think I would of paid £1200 if I had bought new !!

What ever you choose im sure it will look great, its a CLIO :drool: