Getting Dyno'd

I'm booking the Clio into AMD in Essex next week to have a go on the Rolling Road. I currently have my mid silencer removed, and ever since having it done felt like I had lost some power and the flat spot had increased. So I'm going to have it run once before and twice after having the silencer put back on. I'll have 3 runs on the same day in the same conditions with only the silencer being the changed factor. So hopefully will see a difference and get some good results (as to whether the silencer removal makes a difference) I'm not holding my breath that I will be overjoyed with the BHP result as I know most Clios are nowhere near the 200BHP Renault say they are lol The only other 'performance' mod I have at the moment is a K-Tec panel filter which I got in the first week of owning the car.

Should I take the car for a spin around the block after they have put the silencer back on to run it in a bit or do you think it will be ok to go straight back on the Dyno? Will the ECU or the engine 'know' that something is different? What else can I expect from being Dyno'd as i've never had it done before?

Cheers, Nick :thumbup:

At speed rayleigh is £60 for 3 runs and dyno is pretty accurate. Measures power at the wheels though. AMDs rollers are high and have they agreed you can do one run before and two after? As that will involve strapping and unstrapping the car....

Good point, I didn't think of that, I have mentioned it and the guy i'm emailing said it should be fine! I haven't heard of that one in Rayleigh, AMD are also £60 for 3 runs but thats without VAT ?

EDIT: Just Looked on AtSpeed Rayleigh's Website, its says

"Single car "Power Runs" are also available. Forced induction cars £50 : NA Cars £40
Includes RPM, Boost*, BHP, Torque and AFR logging.
consists of 3x runs, complete with power graph and full printout including run information.
DVD available upon request at no extra charge."

£40? Or has this changed?

Last edited:
Monday I think, was going to book for this friday but then realised I couldnt, so asked to book for monday, just awaiting a conformation email :smile:

Hmmm tempted, but I want the silencer back on and AMD said they would do it there and then, otherwise id have to go elsewhere and it would cost more to have the silencer put back on and then another £60 getting it run again. Think I might use them in future to compare to AMD's results.

If AMD will do that then good on them. there graph is too smooth thought and results high that's all id say about there dyno. AMD reckon i had 201bhp on my clio decatted but yet it ran at 190 on ktecs rollers before cams and 195 after and roughly made 196 at atspeed after cams and only made 200+ on the maxogen setup :smile:

Blimey that is quite a difference! Well I'll see what it runs at AMD with the silencer off/on and then go to AtSpeed next month to compare! :smile:

Amd ran mine @ 215bhp

TDF ran mine @ 196bhp

Big difference in power graph smoothness too.

Try TDI next door to AmD, they run a hub mounted dyno and don't 'guess' flywheel bhp. Also get more feedback from the operators ( air/fuel mixture, knock sensor readings etc).