197: Getting bored..

I have to say the clio interior is pretty crap. Any plastic trim just rattles and doesn't fit properly. It all looks pretty cheap as well. Looking around a cup the other day it was awful compared to the FF though IMO...... but then do we buy clio sports for a decent interior..I don't.

Apart from that though I think the rest of the car is better than most out there in terms of looks - exterior shape, alloys, styling, colours etc.

Also think the engine and closer ratio box on the 200, and cup chassis/brembos make it better than most.

Good luck with the sale.

The 133 is a brilliant car and the fact that it won what car? tests against the likes of the 500 must mean something. For me the 133 cup pack set up is ideal - not too hard but planted and awesome fun. Problem is that I now wish my 200 was a little bit stiffer and sharper than it is (non cup pack).

BTW I had a 200 with a cup pack before my current one and i loved how it handled but it was too stiff for me - I felt every vibration from the road.

Anyway back on topic the 500 abarths do look good but for me they are a bit cutesy looking (back end looks awesome though)

You have got to admit tho they are fun and also with the turbo make a great noise plus for me only being 20 and currently pay £1350 on a 1.2 clio mk3 the abarth is a lot cheaper on insurance than clio 197 or 200's. Ps i dont own a renaultsport just love the site the best ive been on tbf cheers guys :smile:

I can see the appeal, they're great little cars.

Yeah, we're a good bunch at heart!!! :smile:

I don't have any rattles in my car and its done 52k miles.

Would like a little more speed thought!!!

I get really pissed off with my clio some days as its hard and loud, and in town the flat spot kills me. But ( and its a big butt) when your alone, or bored in the house I go out a drive and when you find that right road its magic. I had the twingo rs and it was good fun, the clio is all that but just faster and more planted!

Last edited:
I don't have any rattles in my car and its done 52k miles.

Would like a little more speed thought!!!

+1

I've had a new-ish Nissan, Toyota and a Ford that all rattled way more than the Clio does. Plus they all had dashes that were equally plastic and cheap looking (and they were costlier cars).

I'm finding myself getting incredibly bored with my 197 now. I've recently had a person I work with buy an Abarth Punto.

I had a look around it and was taken away by the "quality" feel of the car and the attention to detail with the interior. Once getting into my Clio it almost felt tacky and cheap.

I love my Clio.. however I'm not really ready to sell it as I know I'll regret it immediately - Any advice? :'(

so lets see - no brembo brakes and no perfo-hub system......style over substance.....

I've had a new-ish Nissan, Toyota and a Ford that all rattled way more than the Clio does. Plus they all had dashes that were equally plastic and cheap looking (and they were costlier cars).

That's the thing. All French cars seem to get bad press over their interiors when there's nothing wrong with them! My mate's just bought some Suzuki thing and the "quality" of the plastic in it (no joke...) makes a Clio look like a Maybach.

The interior on my car is so much better than the MR2 that preceded it. 1000s of rattles, squeeks and bangs.

*awaits an influx of rattles in my Clio now*

Similar Thread Suggestions