Gearbox issues

In a way you dont lose much by trying to strengthen the 200 box as you already have it ready to go, im just dubious about some of the claims and comments they are making on their site and dont want to see any members getting fleeced

Greatly appreciated mike, my only outlay is the diff at £700 ( and steC's hard work lol) be I recon he owes me a few favours :wink:

Thumps up for the effort/research there mate, hope all works well and if it does I can see all the meg people in here queuing up to have a similar thing done:wink:

Nobody puts a 200 gearbox in the corner!

Greatly appreciated mike, my only outlay is the diff at £700 ( and steC's hard work lol) be I recon he owes me a few favours :wink:

No worries Neil, i had the short straw just this last week on a course for further training that would have been handy for you looking into this stuff involving material fatigue at cryo temperatures, riveting it wasnt but helpful it would be...

But it did confirm my worries on strength v hardness on various types of steel

I think it's a case of just trying it mike. From what I've read the synchros seem to be the weak point, improving their durability will prolong the life of the box.

But I think I lot of gearbox issues are down to driving style, my car has done 24k and has no issues- we what it's like in a few weeks when it has 350bhp lol