Gam's Black 197 **UPDATE #7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121354559335 would this help with the heat issue? I know the Renault ones are ridiculously expensive and a bracket will have to be fabricated but much cheaper and should do the same job have to check size first not sure what size the tailpipes are on a clio :smile:

looks great with the gloss black and carbon fibre :smile:

They give such confidence in the corner it really is great! Non cup suspension. I haven't tried H&R's but been in a few cars and they seem too rigid! These are perfect for flooring it round corners or just cruising for miles on the motorway.

Sounds good, what's the verdict on running them on a cup then? Do people do that??

I went in Elliott [MENTION=9615]Tree200[/MENTION] with H&R springs and I had to pick my teeth up off the floor lol

Sounds good, what's the verdict on running them on a cup then? Do people do that??

Not sure matey tbh, can't see them doing worse IMO, they really are so good through turns it's unreal! No roll or twitching just set it where you want to go and it does what it's told!
[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] HAHA

[MENTION=26798]Craig211[/MENTION] just ordered some
of those reducer pipes. Had to find the 3" - 2.5" ones as the scorpion exhaust is 2.5"

Hopefully should be a quick fix!

Aye I'm sure they'll work just fixing them on is the next challenge as you won't have the brackets either :worried: this could be another oem+ like the flat spot fix haha [MENTION=4920]Gam[/MENTION]

Aye I'm sure they'll work just fixing them on is the next challenge as you won't have the brackets either :worried: this could be another oem+ like the flat spot fix haha @Gam

They should be a snug fit already as they are both the same diameter so I'll get some jubilee clips and maybe some heat wrap also!

Ah I was thinking of using them as the collector funnels that they come with from the factory, cos a 2.5" pipe is the internal diameter so they won't go inside each other just butt against, either way some fettling should see them right :smile:

Ah I was thinking of using them as the collector funnels that they come with from the factory, cos a 2.5" pipe is the internal diameter so they won't go inside each other just butt against, either way some fettling should see them right :smile:

Have you got a picture of the funnels you have?

I'll have a look :smile:

Edit: number 15y8u8y4u8.jpg don't have an actual photo tho :worried: unless I pull mine off to see

Last edited:
They look similar in shape to what I ordered off ebay.

I'll have to assess when I get them tomorrow and see how they can fit onto the exhaust pipe. Might have to cut some slots either side to be able to get them on and then just fasten them with some jubilee clips nice and tight to stop any rattle.

The ones (funnels) on the 200 are fixed to the diffuser, exhaust just sits in side each one. Trouble i had though with my scorpion was one on side it sat further into the funnel which is where it began to narrow.

That then caused a rattle so i had to saw about an inch of the exhaust off on one side so it sat in the wider part of the heat shield

The ones (funnels) on the 200 are fixed to the diffuser, exhaust just sits in side each one. Trouble i had though with my scorpion was one on side it sat further into the funnel which is where it began to narrow.

That then caused a rattle so i had to saw about an inch of the exhaust off on one side so it sat in the wider part of the heat shield

Guessing this is what [MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION] done also?

yhuhu7e8.jpg

Here's a photo (hope [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] doesn't mind nicked it from his how to) shows exactly how the funnels are arranged to direct the heat out of the diffuser :smile:

It's like a triangle bracket which is pop-riveted to the diffuser I'm sure you noticed three holes near each trim I'm sure a bit of steel bent into a _/****\_ (imagine the stars are a solid line, I'm on an iphone lmao) then a hole at each end then wrap a jubilee round the bracket and the reducer jobs a good un

Gotcha! Well based on this info the reducers I got might just do the trick and I won't have to worry about physically fixing them onto the end of the exhaust pipes! I can just used them as cheap funnels and they will direct the gases more accurately towards the trims and won't melt the glue!

Owe you a beer mate thanks very much!