Game UK in trouble

Shops like this cant survive in todays climate. Why pay £49.99 for soemthing when you can go online and get the same item, delivered to your door for £27.99.

Shame, saw Farmfoods had closing down sales today. 50% off all food. Country is goosed.

I'm hoping it lasts till the 23rd of March at least so they can post my pre-order out lol

I heard it was going down, so I spent all my loyalty points (About £25) on a game...just incase...!

As was said, these shops can't compete with online stores such as Play, Amazon and eBay where its users are encouraged to go as cheap as possible.

Not to mention how much media sales has suffered since the age of the internet with regards to downloading (illegally and legally) too!

More and more people are buying digital copies now...

I'm hoping it lasts till the 23rd of March at least so they can post my pre-order out lol

I heard it was going down, so I spent all my loyalty points (About £25) on a game...just incase...!

Email today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order.

Unfortunately, this product is no longer being stocked and we will therefore be unable to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled.

No money has been taken from your account for this item.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Help

Kind regards

GAME.co.uk

This is not good news!!

Is a shame. But I was in there the other day looking at a game. Was 38.99, got my phone out and in 2 mins had found same game brand new delivered to my door next day for 27.99! Sadly they can't compete with that.

IIRC from BBC News yesterday: Game have gone into administration with some massive company in order to find a buyer. Their rent is up in two weeks and it's said if they can't pay they're likely to go into liquidation.

I popped in today because they're starting their fire sale and got a £100 xbox wheel for £50 and my mate got a Wii and loads of other crap for it for £60!!

I saw and spoke to one of my old mates who's currently at med school and they literally got made redundant that morning after two years service. :worried:

Not cool!

No way, can't believe they're going down. But tbh, in Wolverhampton they have 2 shops, literally 200 yards from each other and in the Merry Hill centre its the same. Why? The rent must be huge on 2 shops.

No way, can't believe they're going down. But tbh, in Wolverhampton they have 2 shops, literally 200 yards from each other and in the Merry Hill centre its the same. Why? The rent must be huge on 2 shops.

There's 3 game shops and a game station in merryhill madness!!

Last time I went in there was one in debenhams, ain't been in for a while, brought 3 months Xbox live and 1200ms points today with my loyalty card haha, 1200 points for a bit of dlc!!

Similar Thread Suggestions