Fuel Swirl Pots

Does any one have one fitted to their Clio? If so can i have some details?

A friend had an experience during a Britcar race in a 1*2 a few weeks ago. Came into a corner with low fuel (Not on the red so we figured a few laps were fine) and the engine was fuel starved (at 100mph). This threw the car into a violent spin with no control as the car wasn't running. We were very lucky, but don't want to play that game again :nope:

I also want to fit one in the boot of the RS197 so just want to know the set up.

If your not racing the 197 etc then there really is no point. I've got one but only coz i run boost. Whats the car used for mate? I cant really see any gains to be had unless your searching for over 300bhp?

Hi Mike

Its a track vehicle so will be pushed (Thread - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?40414-Track-Race-Clio-197-Rotoryboy/page11)

The car in question is a 172 with a map. So if this can be starved then so could the 197. He was hard cornering with just under a 1/4 of a tank

I am looking at the JJC one, but just need to know what setup I need. (Is it standard pump into swirl, then high pressure pump to injectors - If so what pump)

Last edited:
You can get special blocks of foam that you squeeze into the tank, stops the fuel running from the pickup. Not sure if the Clio has a swirl pot in the tank, but even so if you are under 1/4 of a tank you will empty the swirl pot in a long corner. I don't think people really understand how much damage and how easy it is to tighten/detonate an engine due to starvation. If your tank has a swirl pot of 200ml capacity on 1/8 of a tank you have 25ml of fuel to use as there is no fuel to pickup (it's in the corner of the tank). You either baffle the tank, put blocks in or run a separate 1/2 litre swirl pot out of the tank, that way you won't go bang

eda3ahyv.jpg

Focus RS but you get the idea, if there is room the swirl pot is better under the car and not inside unless you use copper pipe you always get fuel smells in the car

Btw I run a swirl pot, and 044 all inside the cabin, but I run Teflon lines (these are required under msa regulations for any fuel within the cabin)

Do you run a half or 1 litre swirl if it already has a half swirl built in? Where did you get your Teflon lines from?

Similar Thread Suggestions