200: Fuel challenge

I've just done Leeds to brands hatch (hotel in Sevenoaks to be exact)

I had cc set at 70 and managed it most of the way and it cost me £40 and did 35.9 mpg!

****note****
I'm in the meg though which is roughly the same if not slightly worse than to 200.

It'll be allright on the way back.

It's all downhill from scotland is'nt it?:eek:

Ok this weekend am heading to pick up the white speedies for the Clio..... 476 miles, is that achievable on a tank of fuel or not?

Depends how you drive, i managed 412 in mine standard with 2 passengers and stuff in the boot. R27 with 1st style gearbox with shortest 6th gear. Think i was between 60-70 for most of it. Was on a long run. Never managed it since tho lol!

Mine averages 38mpg whilst sitting at 60/65 on the motorway.

It may be doable but you will be right down to the red and risking it if you are nowhere near a petrol station :wink:

Just put 51 litres in at 487 miles, computer read 38.8 actual was 43mpg, rag time currently at 22mpg a bit more like it...

But the Clio will hate you.. She was made to be driven, built by the hands of craftsmen to be thrapped. Her DNA means she was born and nurtured to be used, to have her go pedal pressed flat to the floor....

Would it not be better to do the journey and see how many times you can empty the tank, that would be much more fun.

Haha! :smile:

Car filled up..... Setting off early in morning like i was going to work so should be a proper quiet motorway, lets see if it can be done :s

Drove like a pensioner on way there.... three quarters of a tank! Averaged 27.6mpg! Drove back normally between 80 and 90 and got 29.9mpg and just under half a tank

So you could have made it if you drove the same as on the way back? Lol

I'll be amazed if you can get more than 36 mpg.why would you want to try anyway.drive it.love it.or get yourself twizzy.

My stats since I got the 200:

2012-10-11_01-22-28.gif

I used to get 30mpg out of a 270bhp Focus ST too which many said was impossible.

Similar Thread Suggestions