Front Speaker Question.

Hi All,

I'm upgrading and amping the front door speakers in my 197 this monday. I'm putting a set of Rockford Fosgate components in.

I understand the standard size is 13cm. Does anybody know if 16.5cm will fit without too much trouble?

If anyone knows the mounting depth allowed for the front speakers too, that would be a great help.

Cheers,
Jay

Going for fosgates nice! Link me? :smile: what HU etc are you running? Sorry Im not help with your question!

I'm not sure of the depth but there's quite a bit if you're fitting 13cm. I fitted Polk DXi 525 that need a mounting depth of 5.87cm and they fitted fine. If you're going for 16.5 you'll be mounting the speakers further out so you'll have even more space. If you're not fitting a sub 16.5 is the way to go, you get some really good speakers in that size. A bit limited in volume, depth and bass at 13cm.
Not sure of his name but the guy from Japan fitted 16.5. Maybe someone will remember his name and chime in with a link to his project page

Ok, cheers for the replies.

I am fitting a sub too, its from my old car.

Fitting a Vibe Black Air 12" Active Sub, then amping the two Rockford Fosgate components in the front.

Got a pioneer 3 pre-out head unit in at the moment, will post the model number when i've finished work, not sure of it off the top of my head.

Was just wondering if the 16.5 would fit, seeing as I've got the sub the 13cm will still be adequate for what i'm after I'm sure. Think i'm going with the P152-S kit.

Will let you know next week how I get on.

If they do fit, post it up please. I been toying with the idea for a while now and wasn't sure if it would work :smiley:

You have to watch the depth of the speakers, i bought a pair and they were a lot deeper than the standard ones and would have caught/touched the guide inside the door for the window.