front discs and pads

i have just been told by renault i need to replace the front discs and pads as the discs are warped. They want £400 + to do this so i quickly said i will have a think (meaning jog on!!)

I went to a place called All tech racing and he said i should go for some Ebc brakes has anyone ever used these he quoted me £180 for standard brembo and £225 for Epc.

Opinions??

the only thing i have found with the standard brakes is they are abit crap and dont feel as if they want to stop the car sometimes lol

the only thing i have found with the standard brakes is they are abit crap and dont feel as if they want to stop the car sometimes lol

alot of that is down to the pads seizing in the calipers and also the pads glazing over and losing their effect...

a yearly strip/clean/lube etc front and rear works wonders :wiz:

Ebc discs and yellow stuff pads will cost you around £400 fitted. Its what i run and can outbreak most on track :smile:

Ebc discs and yellow stuff pads will cost you around £400 fitted. Its what i run and can outbreak most on track :smile:

I presume that's for drilled or grooved discs? I'd imagine for the price he's. Even quoted they are oe style discs

Standard are more than adequate for road use and hold up very well on track too. The race cars and rally cars use the same discs so why bother using anything else!?!

Pad-wise, it depends on how you drive and what sort of driving you do really. And of course, budget.

Change the fluid whilst you're at it too. :smile:

Oem discs from karl and DS2500s off camskill, they wouldnt be hard to change yourself. The oem discs are more than fine, they take some serious abuse.

1- It wont be a warped disc , it's 99% a build up of material ( pad ) on the disc that due to excessive heat etc causes un even spots which gives the impression of a warped discs however the standard discs are very very rarley to blame . when using a more aggressive pad this happens allot less due to their agression on pad material on pad material.

2- there are discs on ebay brembo ones for £80 each renault ones are brembo so there is that

3- standard pads are fine and more than up to the job of a fast car , ds2500 are marginally better but not worth paying more for

4-EBC is a turd make and should be avoided , it's cheap stuff and fraught with issues when it's used , it is however great to say you have a red green or yellow pad which is where i assume 99% of their sales come from .

5 Brembo sell a "sport" version using a ht2000 compound which is said to be the next step up from ds2500 but below the wear levels of a ds3000 or a C5+ or C6 pad i believe they ht2000's ( brembo sport pads ) retail at 96 +vat

Hope this helps.

2- there are discs on ebay brembo ones for £80 each renault ones are brembo so there is that

If that's £80 per disc then they're WELL overpriced. Standard (Brembo HC) Discs can be had for ~£95 per pair delivered from BremboShop, a little more than that again direct from Renault. The ones in a Renault box have a painted centre, the ones in a Brembo box don't but the Discs themselves are the same.

You could just try the bedding in procedure (if you haven't already) as that may help resurface the discs as per what A2ON has mentioned. If you've been doing a lot of light driving and light braking then it's easy to build sh!t up on the discs. A good heat cycle or two usually shifts this...

Brembo Sport pads are £139.20 RRP
I've got them on my 172 and they're ok, but not a track pad. Pagids (£39.99 a set) were equally as good round the ring, and round bedford autodrome

Not sure why everyone is obsessed with Brembo disks, they're nothing special at all

They do the job perfectly well though Danny.

If there's a cheaper but equally good alternative then great but the only discs I have experience with on the Clio are the Brembos and I've never had any issues on road or track which is why I stick with them. A lot of threads come up on here about all singing and all dancing twenty piece discs with grooves and this that and the other but in reality they aren't really needed on a Clio.

I've used Pagid stuff before on my Puma and never had an issue with any of it, never considered it for the Clio though to be honest but if it's as good as the Brembo stuff an cheaper then I may consider it next time round.

Id heard not so good things about ebc before but after experiencing them on a mates car i got them fitted. You can say what you like but the performance is outstanding and fade free. Having been on track with them a couple of times the car could out break everything! Happy to give demos at fcs!

Used the Greenstuff pads a few years ago and the initial bite was very good but they just seemd to disintergrate under prolonged heavy use.

They may well be better now though, this is going back 5 or 6 years.

Yeah, i believe the red and green stuff still isn't great but yellow works well. Don't think Ebc are quite as bad as they used to be.............i hope otherwise you may see a red 200 in the gravel next Sunday, lol.