front calipers

I don't 'think' mine are that bad but we'll see in the next few weeks. I've got plenty of holidays from work to use up by the 1st March so they'll be sorted before then.

if there ever was evidence for the yearly strip and clean etc then those are the pictures

I don't want to know when it was last done on my car!

Embarrassing to have my brakes in such a mess - But in my defense i've only had the car a couple of months and this was the first time i'd had the wheels off.

Surprisingly they brakes still seem to work fine, plenty of power and feel, but pedal does travel quite far. Looking forward to an improvement once they're done!

I've also just ordered some new pins from mrpink.

After swapping my wheels the other day to put my new Oz ultraleggera's on I had a quick look at my brakes and it wouldn't surprise me if they've not been touched since they last had the pads changed.

WARNING - THE FOLLOWING IMAGES MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME

20131231_132203.jpg
20131231_132154.jpg
:eek:

They didn't look too bad after i'd given the caliper a quick clean, but I know that those pins aren't gona come out easily!

Considering going all out and changing pads/pin, fluid, hoses and painting the calipers while they're off! But I think for now i'll just go for a strip and clean unless I can find some DS2500 pads going cheap.

I'll probably end up putting the pads in the vice and cleaning the edges up with a wirebrush to remove the corrosion.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?39890-Brake-caliper-refurb-and-painting

This may help you :smiley:

Just viewed them close up and, well, just, speechless really. You can see why most of the manufactures have gone back to a sliding caliper, when you see how bad Brembos get.

haha Yer that guide might come handy to me soon.

I should get my pins soon so think i'll get the old pins out, remove the pads and clean all the rust off the backing piece. Completely clean the caliper of all crud too then put them back together with some copper grease and see how I get on.

If the seals look suspect then I can order some rebuild kits and look into doing a full rebuild of my brake system inc lines and fluid etc.