replacing seals on front brembo calipers.

I am planning to do this soon as mine aren't in good shape. I have never done this before , can anyone help?

Also is it necessary to clamp the brake pipe hose when removing.

Any help would be great :smile:

You'll need an air compressor to get the pistons out and a block to put in the middle of the callipers to stop any of the pistons fully coming out while you pump air into the calliper. You can then lever out the pistons using two large screw drivers either side.

To get the dust seal out just hammer a small screw driver into the gap between the seal and the calliper and then it should leaver out. The internal seals just need hooking out with a small pick or scribe.

Once off off give the calliper and pistons a good clean in hot soapy water and leave to dry.

Once dry put the dust seals over the pistons and locate them in the groove at the top of the piston. Also put in the internal seals into the calliper.

Now just push the pistons back into the bores using brake fluid or red rubber grease as the lubricant.

Make sure the dust seal is then properly pushed into the circular groove. A bit of heat normally helps here.

hope this helps.