Freezing brakes

With the weather being so cold at the moment, my brakes are freezing on.
It is the handbrake which becomes seized on for the rear right wheel.
Even this morning, when i left it in gear and put the handbrak on very lightly it still stuck this morning and didnt free up from driving a short distance.
I had to pour warm water over the disc to get things free, abit of a pain!
Any better solution ideas?

Nope. :smile:

I've seen a few threads on this now. The latest new thread was yesterday! :tongueout: I also experienced this for myself this morning, for the first time.

I did what you did.

Sucks - but it's the only solution I think.

I may aswell remove my handbrake for weight saving as I never use it for this very reason. 2nd gear ftw.

Mine froze again this morning (2 days in a row). Yesterday it freed up after driving it round the road, today however it stayed on for longer, resulting in a bit of sideways action in the ice and then the cables came off of the little bracket in the centre console (behind the lever). Had to wait till i got back home to fix it as i didnt have any torx drivers in the car :worried:

had the same problem and was in a rush to work this morning, i got some dodgy looks as i was dragging the back of my car around the close lol

had the same problem and was in a rush to work this morning, i got some dodgy looks as i was dragging the back of my car around the close lol
Hahaha I have a feeling I may have too, driving and reversing up and down the carpark.

Thats what i did and it definitely works - though don't do like i did and test the handbrake as it sticks immediately - DOH !!

Exactly what I did! It froze on yesterday, so I left it off last night. I had to stop at some traffic lights on the way to work so pulled the handbrake slightly and it stuck! FFS! Luckily it freed itself in about a mile.

Was just about to post a thread up about this, as I thought I may have been the only one! lol.
I have the same problem. Except now they won't unfreeze as such lol.
Parked overnight at work, to leave at 6am and the handbrake was seized on. Drove home, but that still didn't free them up! Parked with the handbrake off since Friday morning, and they are still the same!
I still have some warranty with Renault, so they're collecting it tomorrow.
Has anyone else had their's sorted under warranty?

I had this on friday morning, I stalled the car 6 times trying to reverse off our drive, the jolt from the kurb must of free'd them. Cars been parked up all today with the handbrake off and in gear, hopefully wont be an issue tomorrow morning.