Forza 4 Clio Cup Series

To which P.I should cars be tuned to?

• Total voters
Strange, seems to always be lap 2 I set my time on. 1 warm up lap, then bang! At least it makes replays easy in the 1.36s don't think I'm gonna catch Martin though

God I wish I knew the first thing about car geometry! :smiley:, I'm pushing the car as fast as it can go and I'm still way off the pace. I've sewn together some pretty perfect (for me) laps and yet I'm still way off the pace, I must have the car set up like a bit of a dog :worried:

God I wish I knew the first thing about car geometry! :smiley:, I'm pushing the car as fast as it can go and I'm still way off the pace. I've sewn together some pretty perfect (for me) laps and yet I'm still way off the pace, I must have the car set up like a bit of a dog :worried:

Its all about keeping the tyres happy mate, this is my quick tuning sheet i made, use it to get tyre temps even across their surface. Do this in the test drive mode and watch the telemetry as your driving around. Keep tweaking until you have good even tyre temps. Run at least 3 laps before making any adjustments and also give any adjustments you make around half a lap to affect the tyres.

20120312_104143.gif

You get the tyres even and i guarantee you'll have a faster car.

Last edited:

You want it to be just nudging the rev limiter as you slam on the brakes at the end of the big straight.

Also watch the tyre temps. You'll find from the preset pressures the rear tyres never get up to temperature properly.

Brilliant thanks a lot guys, can't wait to give this another go. I think this is the most in to Forza I've been in a while lol!

Also I looked at the league table thing, interesting that a lot of the fastest laps are set with ABS on. I find it really intrusive and seem to go quicker with it off?

Brilliant thanks a lot guys, can't wait to give this another go. I think this is the most in to Forza I've been in a while lol!

Also I looked at the league table thing, interesting that a lot of the fastest laps are set with ABS on. I find it really intrusive and seem to go quicker with it off?

I have it off, depends what you're good with and also depends on the car/class. You'll fiind alot of people on the R1 leaderboards using ABS and TCS. I personally don't but some people are faster with it on. All depends whats good for you.

I have it off, depends what you're good with and also depends on the car/class. You'll fiind alot of people on the R1 leaderboards using ABS and TCS. I personally don't but some people are faster with it on. All depends whats good for you.

Most cars from S class upwards definately need TCS on for me anyway. Unless they are AWD of course.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just feel like the car is a little more neutral with it off and I seem to be able to brake later and harder, although I do obviously lock up slightly more often, but its not impossible to lock even with ABS on anyway, which is why I don't really see the point.

Friend request acceped :smile:

Is anyone using a wheel?

No I bought one but it just pisses me off TBH

Most cars from S class upwards definately need TCS on for me anyway. Unless they are AWD of course.

I tend to have ABS and TCS off all the time regardless of what I'm driving, but like you said anything about S gets very tricky and can be a little frustrating some times.

Can I join to the cup racers or am I too late :innocent: ?

My tag is - phil neville

I wasnt reading all 16 Pages - sorry - but you will send me a car and we have to drive with these cars and can only change setup - no mods - tracks are on first page.

And should we upload pictures with the times to proof it ?

EDIT: 197 with #13 if that is possible

Can I join to the cup racers or am I too late :innocent: ?

My tag is - phil neville

I wasnt reading all 16 Pages - sorry - but you will send me a car and we have to drive with these cars and can only change setup - no mods - tracks are on first page.

And should we upload pictures with the times to proof it ?

EDIT: 197 with #13 if that is possible

Willis will send you a friend invite and once you accept it he'll send you both a 200 and 197 that are ready to be used. No mods need done to it just tuning (Tyre pressures etc).

What track do you wan to pick as you choice?

I dont have the DLC for the 200 so I think I cant use it, or !?

Hhhmm we already have Nürburgring and Laguna, so I will go for Camino Viejo de Montserrat - full circuit !

thanks