Forged engine parts

alex.murphy2011

Paid Member
Where is everyone getting there forged engine parts from pistons , Con rods etc. Thanks [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to make sure, I was joking about the maxspeedingrods stuff lol. You going boosted? Best thing you'll ever do, I miss mine soooooo much.

Reactions: alex.murphy2011
Just to make sure, I was joking about the maxspeedingrods stuff lol. You going boosted? Best thing you'll ever do, I miss mine soooooo much.

Hahaha I couldn’t put cheap ones in after all the work , I’ve got a 200 I want to keep standard but I’m getting a 197 at weekend with a snapped cambelt so I’m gonna strip the engine fully and get it race spec, sounds like you’ve got a nice one , what have you done to yours ? I’m looking for inspiration [emoji1]

Hahaha I couldn’t put cheap ones in after all the work , I’ve got a 200 I want to keep standard but I’m getting a 197 at weekend with a snapped cambelt so I’m gonna strip the engine fully and get it race spec, sounds like you’ve got a nice one , what have you done to yours ? I’m looking for inspiration [emoji1]

I wrote mine off 3 years ago unfortunately. It had cup racer speedlines, bilstein b14s, megane 225 engine and gearbox with 630cc injectors, megane 250 turbo and an RS Tuning remap. 277bhp and 280 lb/ft torque. Completely transformed the car.

I wrote mine off 3 years ago unfortunately. It had cup racer speedlines, bilstein b14s, megane 225 engine and gearbox with 630cc injectors, megane 250 turbo and an RS Tuning remap. 277bhp and 280 lb/ft torque. Completely transformed the car.

Gutted mate , sounds like a monster aswell !:worried:

Not really any such thing as 'race spec', even the clio cup cars race standard engines. Basically depends on how far you really want to go, and of course how deep your pockets are, but forged rods and pistons are a good start. Then you'd want to look at one-piece valves such as those by supertech. Then of course the cooling, airtec intercooler or similar, plus a turbo cooler to help keep coolant temps down.
Standard Megane 250 turbocharger can do 310bhp all day long, but you'll need 630cc injectors with the standard clio fuel pump, or an updated fuel pump. Then add megane 250 fuel rail with return line. And a 3" exhaust as standard clio diameter is a restriction.
Of course you can just fit a 250 engine and the standard pistons and rods will handle 360 lb/ft all day long so no need to forge.
And you'd want an lsd to put the power down.
Soon adds up, budget for 5k and expect to spend more.
Have a read of the Forced Induction section on here.
@Big Ben @L33 KUP

Not really any such thing as 'race spec', even the clio cup cars race standard engines. Basically depends on how far you really want to go, and of course how deep your pockets are, but forged rods and pistons are a good start. Then you'd want to look at one-piece valves such as those by supertech. Then of course the cooling, airtec intercooler or similar, plus a turbo cooler to help keep coolant temps down.
Standard Megane 250 turbocharger can do 310bhp all day long, but you'll need 630cc injectors with the standard clio fuel pump, or an updated fuel pump. Then add megane 250 fuel rail with return line. And a 3" exhaust as standard clio diameter is a restriction.
Of course you can just fit a 250 engine and the standard pistons and rods will handle 360 lb/ft all day long so no need to forge.
@Big Ben @L33 KUP

If going NA you will get little in the way of performance in a bang per buck case but if going boosted do you really need more than 300 ft lb in a Clio? Sure there will be faster things but that’s always going to be the case.

In my eyes the mk3 197/200 has too much grip for the standard engine and takes too much to get going, add the megane lump for less than forged NA build and you have a mega base even when I had 260 go it was fast, 310 now and it’s hard to see why you’d need more without sacrificing grip and use-ability, then just spend the money on suspension and tyres and brakes to really get the most of it.

If you are going NA though I’m not sure what performance is like once built

Reactions: Big Ben and Sean197
@Big Ben @L33 KUP

Brilliant thanks very much for that reply I will have a read this afternoon [emoji2]

Reactions: Beany and Sean197
This was my forged build list. Also has 3” turbo back scorpion exhaust. Forge intercooler 630cc injectors. R26 box Walbro 255 fuel pump. Makes 314/316.
I don’t think you need any more power than that. Still gets the power down very well and handles brilliantly. It’s a better car than my ability as a driver to maximise its potential!
F95B9BAA-C66A-45AD-A0DB-35D0F47D9A26.jpeg

Last edited:
This was my forged build list. Also has 3” turbo back scorpion exhaust. Forge intercooler 630cc injectors. R26 box Makes 314/316.
View attachment 139858

Perfect spec mate, no silly power just fast and useable, do you feel you need any more? I’d only forge if anything happens to mine to future proof not to go much more power.

Reactions: Big Ben
Perfect spec mate, no silly power just fast and useable, do you feel you need any more? I’d only forge if anything happens to mine to future proof not to go much more power.

Funny enough I just edited my post to say no more power needed!

I did mine to future proof it rather than chase power. Happened to make decent numbers so I’m not complaining!