Engine Dynamics (forged megane engine)

hi all,just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with this company,deep in thought about the meg conversion and i know buying a whole car is probably the best route to go down as you get all the ancillaries but i simply can't be bother to sell the rest of the car on as parts,so anyway i found this on ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Megane-Sp...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d315cc9d

would be a great starting point i think,would just love to know if i can trust there work?

any tips/advice would be much appreciated,cheers

scott

I have chatted to these guys about engine work and I've also heard good things from other people too.

Their rebuild prices are very reasonable especially as some of the parts are forged and uprated. I plan to be using them in the near future for my own project.

The prices on the site are for an engine that has been removed from the car.

thats an expensive starting point.

I disagree mate. I've Been looking into the Meg conversion Vs the supercharged route.

I know where I can pick up a Meg engine with all ancillaries, driveshafts, ecu and diffed gearbox for 2k, add £1800 for the engine dynamics work (includes forged rods as an extra)

So for around 5500 you have a Meg engined Clio with a nigh on brand new engine. You could just chuck any old Meg engine in and it fail giving you a bill much higher to repair.

The supercharger/forged route would cost around the same but then you are left with the chocolate Clio gearbox.

My money is on the rebuilt Meg engind any day

Hmm, Is it worth asking TDF how much they could do similar for if you had the engine?

possibly kevo but then i'd have the added chew of finding a decent motor and getting it shipped to them,my plan was to buy the engine and keep it at home while i save some more pennies for the hybrid turbo,inter cooler and all the other gubins thats is needed,then when i have all the parts take it to RS Tuning,i think its a viable idea,need some serious O/T at work for it to happen though,:tongue_smilie:

I disagree mate. I've Been looking into the Meg conversion Vs the supercharged route.

I know where I can pick up a Meg engine with all ancillaries, driveshafts, ecu and diffed gearbox for 2k, add £1800 for the engine dynamics work (includes forged rods as an extra)

So for around 5500 you have a Meg engined Clio with a nigh on brand new engine. You could just chuck any old Meg engine in and it fail giving you a bill much higher to repair.

The supercharger/forged route would cost around the same but then you are left with the chocolate Clio gearbox.

My money is on the rebuilt Meg engind any day
i meant its quite expensive for what is a bare engine plus that engine is 2.5k not 1.8k

Sorry mate, didn't look at the top link. I was referring to this build where you supply the engine: http://www.engine-dynamics.com/epages/es118981.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es118981_shop/Products/%22Megane%20Sport%20Engine%20Re-builds%22

So if that engine is 2.5k fully rebuilt and forged that's a bargain to be fair

i think so to angel,this is whats making me doubt it,seems to good to be true,plus i might get a couple of quid back selling my cammed motor,something to think about,hmmmmm...

Its very tempting Scott and I'd much rather put a fully rebuilt engine in the Clio. Most Meg engines have over 35k on them, some even more so a virtually new engine is the perfect starting point.

You know exactly where you are then. And like you say you can always sell the Clio engine and box.

I had been in contact with Andy last year about some work on my 197 before I changed tack and went for a meg, seems a very knowledgeable guy, I've also been in touch with him as potential site trader in the future as well....

I had been in contact with Andy last year about some work on my 197 before I changed tack and went for a meg, seems a very knowledgeable guy, I've also been in touch with him as potential site trader in the future as well....

when you say andy,do you mean this is the guy who owns or works for engine dynamics mike?

Similar Thread Suggestions