For those that have a clio cup spoiler...

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
Guys
As the title says..How has the spoiler effected the driving dynamics of the clio?
Im not interested if its just for looks but for real downforce/handling gains i am.
Just need your honest feedback 8)

Wouldn't have a clue if it does out to be honest
Interesting question though

pretty certain it does nothing, think there was a thread on here about it once, if not it was on CS

I fitted my cup spoiler a couple of weeks ago after having the car for a year without one, I'd say it feels not much different until you start to gain some speed then it feels a little more stable.
I only got mine for looks though :wink:

Mine without the spoiler feels more planted at 130mph than anything I have driven at that speed.

Purely for aesthetics IMO.

Technically it will make a slight difference, however it could just be increased drag. Without comparison in a wind tunnel it will be impossible to say, the difference will be so minimal.

It's bound to add a tiny bit of rear downforce due to the angle it hits the wind but doubt it adds any noticeable amount

i aint notice anythink, but aint had car without spoiler. did 135mph no probs yesterday with an impreza so didnt bother top end speed from what iv seen.

I'd love to see calcs for it though. See what a 911 gt3 wing produces at x mph and what the cup spoiler produces at same speed. Probs does nothing but would be interesting to see.

its got to do something as its in the air flow over the roof, also the rear window gets dirtier with it fitted so its making a low pressure area behind the car that will be pulling it down, but i doubt it will do much till over 60 or 70mph