Football Chat

With the new season just starting I thought it might be a good idea to start a football chat thread.

Post all football related chat in here, fixtures, results, transfers, everything!

So glad that football is back!!

How did everyone's team get on this weekend? (If their league has started yet)

Also who looks to be the favourites to win their division?

LUFC were poor fist 15-20 mins Brighton played us off the park and they will do very well this year and they can move the ball round very quickly.

0-1 down after 12 mins I was fearing the worse but we changed the system and dominated the rest if the game with a 92nd min winner. Only moment was when Paddy kenny made a fantastic double save.

Oh and the Brighton fans spoilt the attendance by hardly turning up as you can see they are in the top right or not as it turns out.

pyruquse.jpg

Liverpool have set to kick off, but we've won all our pre-season games which is awesome.

The whole Suarez saga is getting ridic. I'm also surprised on how quite the transfer window has been. No one has made any substantial signings really apart from Man City - but that's to be expected.

There has been quite alot of activity to be fair, the yids with two major signing, loads of small clubs with record transfers! - Cardiff, Palace, Hammers, Norwich etc!

I just hope we can sign Suarez, and I hope Bale leaves!

I don't understand why Suarez wants to go Arsenal. It's a sideways move. I'd understand if he wanted to leave the club to go abroad and get away from the British media, i'd also understand if it was City/Utd knocking at the door. But Arsenal don't achieve much, they BARELY made it into the champions league, and have been for many seasons been going progressively backwards, selling their star players year after year.

Moving there achieves nothing. Liverpool built their whole team around him last season and I think he owes them a debt of gratitude after all the crap they've put up with since he's been there.

Saying that, come knocking with £50m+ and you can have him.

Think of my useless under achievers WWFC last 96 matches lost 56 draws 31 won 9 ha ha ha

A poor turnout from the away fans. Some clubs don't take that many fans away from home.

We had the largest way support yet again for any FL club and we get a lot of restrictions from the police.

We averaged just over 6,600 for away games iirc last season.

There must be some big signings soon because as said only Man City have really signed anyone compared to the rest of the top 4-6.

I can believe that, that's extremely good for away games.

sorry hit 6,600 not 2,600 doh. according to football league "The biggest average away following at games was for Leeds United (2,678 "

took over 6,000 to Barnsley not so long back (20010/11 season)when they allowed it but the police have now learnt lol. " Highest recorded away crowd was 6,763 (Barnsley v. Leeds United)"

Great start as always from the blues, 0-1 loss to watford, we played well but don't look to dangerous going forward, just hope we can improve our attacking options.

Was just watching Preston vs Blackpool on SS1, anyone see the horse trample the steward at the end? Ouch.

My team haven't started yet. Although pre-season is going well 5/5. First game against Hull on the 18th. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Ive got a good feeling for NFFC this year! Some great buys over summer, and fingers crossed for Kelvin Wilson coming back, got a team of people that want to play for us, some depth in the squad and an ambitious manager...... Although ill be happy with a mid table finish if we take all 6 points off ****ty Derby

Similar Thread Suggestions