Folding mirrors

B613B087-9BF1-4570-ACC6-B3AF445F7CC2.jpegHi there,
My 200 has this mirror switch on it which I believe is for folding mirrors? However nothing happens when I turn the switch to the lower marking, do some models have the switch fitted without the folding mirror hardware? Or is there a fuse that might have blown?
Cheers

That's not for the folding mirrors, that's to adjust the mirror in the wing mirror.....

It is for power fold mirrors, if you rotate the switch so it's facing south, and I think you're meant to push down further south (I went to see one ages ago that had them on, but only 1 side folded).

Reactions: Rs2400 and Mossy
Yes that is a power fold switch. Turn it all the way down to 6pm (doesn’t matter which way) and both mirrors should fold inwards. Turn the switch back around to the top (doesn’t matter which way) and the mirrors should fold back out.

Reactions: Rs2400 and suj
I can't remember if powerfold mirrors won't fold when you try to manually push them / they have resistance?
As the car I went to see, it looked like someone replaces passenger side with a non-powerfold mirror, if I remember right that one would just fold with hardly any force, but powerfold one didn't (this was 4 years ago mind you lol).
Or it could be someone changed the switch from a powerfold car if their switch was faulty?

Reactions: Rs2400
What Clio is it? pull the switch out and check the back see if it is connected that will tell you is the loom is correct then pull the little triangle trim off and you will see the plug that powers the mirrors the mirror should have I think 7 pins instead of 5 the passenger side will have less by about 2 pins because it does not have the temperature sensor you should not need tools for this and you will know what you have there is a chance if the car was a cup someone may have changed the door trims but the dash may not have the loom to power the mirrors. I will check the pin numbers I have two power folding mirrors here somewhere.

66786B05-E706-4173-A5CB-E8B284D07B61.jpegThanks for the advice, I’ve just popped the switch out and it looks like the correct loom and switch all pins seem to be there. I've removed the triangle cover but couldn’t get to the plug so will have to pop the mirror off to investigate, all very odd!

Reactions: suj
In the electrical Diagrams the passenger side does not seem to have any difference in the mirror options which might mean the passenger side might always be wired for power folding mirrors even if it is not an option when ordering the car I guess one loom does both jobs..

1588678949029.png
1588679029393.png
1588679347581.png
1588673445824.png

1588673628635.png

Remember if you remove the mirror put the window down first you will not be the first person to sit in the car undo all the screws then pull the connect and the mirror falls off onto the street as you cant reach it in time as the window is up and the door is in the way.

It seems that you might already have your answer. Left side power fold mirror should have 7 pins & 9 pins for the RH side.
Non power fold mirrors may have been substituted at some time

Thanks for all the help guys. i have just popped the drivers side mirror off and it only has 7 pins so seems they have been swapped out at some point. If i have the loom and switch then if i was to source a pair of folding mirrors they should work?
Cheers

I will check the mirrors I have they are for a 197 if you took the mirror off it also should feel heavy is your car a cup do you have a keycard or a normal key.

Yes it should have but after all these years some cars may not have the original racks fitted a standard rack is 2 3/4 turns lock to lock so a cup rack should be less turns than that.