Folding mirrors and headlights, best positions for audio leads

I have automatic light but I cant seems to switch them off the button does nothing and they stay on, also do the folding mirrors fold in or only unfold as mine only do the latter. :rain:

On an audio related topic wheres the best place to run audio leads through the car. I was going to go under the carpet near the hand brake and through to the boot from the head unit.

Turning the knob to the right should fold in the mirrors, turning it back to the left unfolds.

I was trying to deactivate the auto lights today - couldn't manage it though - on the 172 switching lights on and off twice (i think) deactivated them although that didn't work on the 200 :worried:

Turning the knob to the right should fold in the mirrors, turning it back to the left unfolds.

I was trying to deactivate the auto lights today - couldn't manage it though - on the 172 switching lights on and off twice (i think) deactivated them although that didn't work on the 200 :worried:

Thanks got them to fold in by turned the knob but should they automatically fold in when i lock the car?

Ive run all my leads down passenger side under the plastic trim as you can pass a thick wire through the rubber grommet under the glove box to the battery. No need to take out seats then either. They've tucked away really well tbh. All my excess wire has been hidden under back seats.

Sam, are you running the stock head unit? I'm still unsure whether to get a new sub. Running the wires sounds as simple as in the 1.4 clio!

And as far as I'm aware E3D the wing mirrors don't automatically fold in, at least mine don't - or I just don't know how too!

Sam what headunit do you have ? I'm looking at getting one tomorrow and need to know what lead I need to use the stalk controls, I've got a 200 cup

Ive run all my leads down passenger side under the plastic trim as you can pass a thick wire through the rubber grommet under the glove box to the battery. No need to take out seats then either. They've tucked away really well tbh. All my excess wire has been hidden under back seats.

Perfect thanks mate :clap: , Im guna have a crack tomorrow. Maybe i take some photos for others.

The auto light button needs to be held for around 6 seconds to deactivate

Cheers mate, confusing why its hold and not just the press the button
Where is this button?

its the button on the end of the light stalk, Im not sure all cars have auto lights though it might be an optional extra tbh i got my car yesturday so Iv not a clue. :oops:

Sam what headunit do you have ? I'm looking at getting one tomorrow and need to know what lead I need to use the stalk controls, I've got a 200 cup

I've had quite a few headunit over the years. Id say this is a good one http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alp-cde134bt-alpine-cde-134bt.html

should work with the steering controls too.

Found the button, held it in for 6 secs with ign on and headlights now deactivated :smile:

Thanks for the tip

ps - button on end of left stalk (indicator stalk)

I've got a jvc kdx DVD headunit in atm but it's a bit worse for wear so will be installing an alpine HU soon that's display an stalk ready. Think there's only two alpine HU's on the market that work with the display in top of dash.

Found this list of Alpine products that have stalk control ready and display features.

• Alpine IVA-D511R/RB
• Alpine IVA-D800R
• Alpine INE-S900R
• Alpine IDA-X305S / X305 / X100 / X001
• Alpine CDA-9847R
• Alpine CDA-117Ri
• Alpine CDA-9887R