Focus RS Correction Detail - CQUK, DLUX, and Flyb30 !!

Hey guys,

Not done an in-depth write up on here for a while really! Here I present to you a mk2 Focus RS in Performance Blue (best colour!). I was asked to correct and protect all surfaces with long life coatings hence I opted for CQuartz UK, a ceramic coating specifically designed for longevity, along with helping to keep swirl marks to a minimum, and the rest of the CarPro range (listed later).

Here's some of the correction shots..

IMG_6111_zps66ab1d22.jpg

IMG_6114_zpsb584d824.jpg

IMG_6116_zps1af158cd.jpg

IMG_6117_zps72410f54.jpg

IMG_6118_zps1b173def.jpg

IMG_6120_zps86d0fff4.jpg

So I made the most of the sun!! These were all after 2 Eraser wipe downs to allow me to properly assess the correction levels, therefore showing you 'true' correction. This next shot was taken on another day, a little less sun - those who live in Manchester will verify we hardly ever get two decent days in a row!!

IMG_6125_zps72da307b.jpg

Once all the correction work was done the car was given a 3rd wipedown with Eraser to ensure every last trace of polishing oils were fully removed, the car was then checked again under xenon light sources to make sure everything was to my standard. Once these checks were carried out I began the task of protecting all the surfaces. I chose the CarPro range of products - CQUK for paintwork, DLUX for trim, Flyby30 for glass. The car is stored indoors, and only used on dry days... so it's fair to say the car will probably remain in this condition forever :smile:

The end results with some obligatory underground car park shots for you to feast on, hope you enjoy;

IMG_6142_zps8c679d67.jpg

IMG_6144_zps72b32bbe.jpg

IMG_6143_zpsa6f9f509.jpg

IMG_6145_zps28c175b5.jpg

IMG_6148_zps4a7fcfea.jpg

IMG_6146_zps5be1783d.jpg

IMG_6147_zps52d2b45b.jpg

IMG_6149_zps7d17ffc9.jpg

IMG_6150_zpsa8ea3379.jpg

IMG_6151_zpsd2055e81.jpg

IMG_6152_zpsf6443117.jpg

Thanks for looking!

All comments, questions, and opinionz welcome :smile:

Matt.

Thanks guys!!

~£750. But it is total correction. Took 3 days to complete!!

I offer cheaper alternatives, www.magicdetail.co.uk for further info :smile:

My enhancements are very popular, and achieve about 80-90% correction. For a car this size that's £450 with those coatings.

Superb work as usual Matt. I'd love to get mine done, just always seem to have some other necessity on the car to spend the money one....

Hi Matt, what correction method did you (rotary/DA) use and what products to get to the stage prior to the wipedown.

Great work. How'd you find the FlyBy30? I heard very mixed reviews on it so went for C1 from G/techniq instead.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I thought you'd like it - the sunlight shots really show off the high correction levels! Just a shame a wet sand was out of the question, as that would add untold amounts of clarity and gloss to the finish!!

Re: Flyby30 - yet to really see it in action, the cars leave me and I don't see some of them for a few months at a time. Not had any negative feedback yet. This car is a weekend car so I doubt the owner will really test it much as it only comes out in the sun! These coatings will last for years due to mileage and storage conditions of this car!

Looks awesome, I'm with you on PB being the best colour for the Focus. So much nicer than UG or white.

Top work :thumbsup: