Fixed bucket seats air bag woes

catwalrus

Paid Member
Hi all could really do with a point in the right direction. I have just fitted some cobra buckets and loving them however I have been left with the air bag light on as expected.

I did not expect to be this stumped by it! been down the local dealership in hope to get it turned off by using the clip software (i have read all the threads i can find) they said they would have a go.Well a bit of miss communication later they had locked the airbag system which leaves the light on and all the bags disabled any way this was not what I wanted to I asked them to revert it back so £35 in the hole and no where. they then said they could not turn off just the seat bag safety reasons etc.

I am now looking down the resistor route but cannot figure out which wires do what. I do know that they need to be about 0.3ohms but that's about it

any help is appreciated

Why dont you get the proper resistor packs from capital seating? They plug into loom.

I fitted my corbeau seat and used the capital seating pack and it didn't work so I just have the airbag light on all the time now. For reference I had factory fitted recaros.

Hey dan I am sort of glad to hear its not just me finding this tricky if I find a way I will be sure to let u know

Guys to clear up the confusion here.

NONE of the resistor kits plug into the OEM car loom (under the seat). They are for Recaro plugs, not Renault plugs.
Now with that cleared out of the way to get it to work you need to do the following:

- Remove the plug from the bottom of the seat you have taken out, you can ease the wires out of the top with a biro when the securing clip is removed. Use this to plug into the car loom and attach resistors to.
- Remove the resistor wire from the "resistor kit" plug it comes attached to, the plug is worthless.

You will have the following circuits present from your car:
- Seatbelt clip
- Airbag
- I think there is another on the drivers side, i cant remember sorry.
- Anti-submarine airbag (if your car is not spec'd with Recaros)

Depending on which type seat you fit you need a resistor for each of the above circuits that are not completed by the aftermarket seat. So if you fit OEM Recaros for example you need to complete the "anti-submarine airbag" circuit with a resistor. It doesnt matter which way around you plug the resistor in so long as it completes the circuit loop so the ECU thinks the device is still present in the car. You dont have to worry about positive and negative etc.

Any questions drop me a PM but you will be surprised the amount of times this subject seems to create confusion! lol.

Last edited: