Fitting softer 200 setup to 197?

Had a non cup 197 for a while now, and I'm finding the suspension slightly on the hard side for long trips on lumpy B roads, I've read that the non cup 200 is 15% softer than the 197, so might be better for me.

Short of buying a 200, what are the differences between a non cup 197 & 200 setups? Would it be a straight swap of springs & dampers? Are the dampers different or does the softer 200 setup come from just different springs?

Any guidance appreciated

Depends how old your clio is, believe the newer ones have a different top mount. If yours is the older one it would be a straight swap. i have some R27 springs and dampers for sale if your interested :wink:

No R27's are softer than 200 cups. I dont need a swap mate, got coilovers but the lot can be yours for £80.

Op has a non cup 197 and wants softer . In that case the only option is normal 200 suspension. And it has to be an earlier type

Oh ****, i read it as he had 200 cup sus and wanted ff suspension lol woops, my bad lol!!!

Long day i guess :wink:

So can anyone tell me if the softer 200 setup is done with just a spring change from the 197, or springs and dampers?

i think i read somewhere that the changed top mounts are only on the newer 200 cups. you will have to confirm this thou.

i think i read somewhere that the changed top mounts are only on the newer 200 cups. you will have to confirm this thou.

They did. So your looking for the dampers and springs for an older Clio 200.

Use the reg. AD59 ZFL and a Reanult delaer will be able to get you the bits. But remember and say your looking for the non cup suspension.

No. The older 200s have the 197 top mount. The newer (Summer 2010) 200s have a revised top mount.

No. The older 200s have the 197 top mount. The newer (Summer 2010) 200s have a revised top mount.

but im pretty sure i read some where it was only on the 200 cup they changed the top mounts and 200 non cup stayed the same

They did. So your looking for the dampers and springs for an older Clio 200.

Use the reg. AD59 ZFL and a Reanult delaer will be able to get you the bits. But remember and say your looking for the non cup suspension.

Cheers for that Noddie, hate to think what the price of a new set would be from renault!