Advice on fitting new MAP sensor

coolblue2025

Paid Member
Clio RS 200 - I've never been happy with the idle on the car since I got it 2 months ago but it drove fine until it was sat for a few weeks and now it is suffering from what seems like misfiring and backfiring out the exhaust. I scanned the codes and got a P0103 (Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input) and a P1100 (MAP Sensor Malfunction). I've googled these codes in relation to this car/engine and can't find anyone anywhere who has reported these exact codes which doesn't help with tracking down the problem!

My first thought was to take the MAP sensor out (which was already a bit wobbly) and give it a clean with some sensor cleaner I had - I let the car warm up to help with the removal but the end snapped off anyway! I've ordered a genuine one from renaultpartsdirect.co.uk and a moto cnc mount to keep it from wobbling for good measure!

My question is: should the MAP sensor be pushed down to the first O-ring (to leave the top O-ring visible) or should it be pushed down the whole way (both O-rings inside)? I've seen mixed answers online for this!

Spark plugs were supposedly changed less than a year (and 1500 miles) ago but they will be my next stop if the new MAP sensor doesn't fix anything. Would appreciate any other opinions on what the issue could be!

Fully in, i also fitted a slightly bigger o ring at the very top and it worked really well

I had to take the upper manifold off to get the broken off piece out when i was in the same situation. Not difficult and a good opportunity to clean your throttle body while at it.