First service and...

had two front bald tyres and a nail in the back one next to the edge of the tyre. What a expensive first service! :/
God knows how the front tyres are bald, if honest dont even drive that spirited but both on legal limit inside of the tyres. Could this be a tracking issue or anything?
Adding to that, nail in the tyre... well :chair::chair::chair:

Did you take out or were you offered Wheel & Tyre Insurance when you got your car?

got 26000 miles on my first set(wife driving though) dont know what the average would be??

The front i get about 8 months out of and the rears i'm not sure. Use mine everyday and driving it steady-ish, haha

12k miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell, well done! That's good going! I used to get through fronts in my old Clio quiker than that!

ive just got 1.5K out of my rears!!! no supporting two HUGE flat spots due to rear brake failure lol not happy!

12k is pretty average I would have though. Insides wearing quicker could mean your tracking is a bit out though.

oh right thats a relief. Guy at arnold clark was like "this is the worst tyres i've seen at 12k miles" they where only on the legal limit wear strip :S
Definitely new tyres and tracking to be checked next payday me thinks..

Have you checked them yourself? Never, ever trust anything a Renault dealer tells you. I was told at a service that my 182 brakes were 50-60% worn. The day after I fitted new pads/discs.

Any main dealer - we had the same with the pads on our Honda @ 30k, they lasted another 30k and then were only replaced as the discs were being changed due to a slight warp.

anything over 12k with the tyres is good on the conti's

as for the tyres - did you see them?

dont forget there are limits to tyre wear and how much BEFORE they are illegal - you could have perhaps run them off on the rear???