First part of new drive train :)

I´ve got myself a used (~7.000 mls) TL4 024 gearbox with the "new gearing" (My car has the old one with lower Top speed and longer 1st and 2nd gear. ~60.000 mls old).

bild_anzeigen_thumb.php?img=101732.gif

bild_anzeigen_thumb.php?img=101735.gif

New drive train will consist of:
Lightened flywheel, Sachs Pro race clutch with organic pads and hopefully the yet to be announced quaiffe ATB. Won´t be fitted until the end of the year I guess...Differential will take some time I think.

But as I recently got a new clutch, courtesy of renault, i´m not in a hurry :smile:

Is that a 200 box or the updated 197 box?

I'd like a 200 box if mine ever went wrong whilst its still in warranty as the shorter 1st, 2nd and 3rd would really help out on track.

As far as I know, the updated 197 box and the 200 should be the same gearingwise. There can´t be that much of a difference anyway, as you have to reach 62mph in 2nd. :smile:

Btw. If anyone has a 197 engine for sale. Feel free to tell :biggrin:

As far as I know, the updated 197 box and the 200 should be the same gearingwise. There can´t be that much of a difference anyway, as you have to reach 62mph in 2nd. :smile:

Btw. If anyone has a 197 engine for sale. Feel free to tell :biggrin:

In one of Simo's recent posts he was saying you had to change to third for 0-62 when driving the 200, whereas we dont need to in the 197.

Accelerate to topspeed? 215 kph (old) or 223 kph (new) (measure with gps!) :lol:

An easier way is to see what RPM's its at for 70mph lol! That way you dont lose your license in the process :smile:

An easier way is to see what RPM's its at for 70mph lol! That way you dont lose your license in the process :smile:

Ouch, tend to forget such things as for living near an unrestricted Autobahn :redface:

Anyway, I guess they have some pretty lonesome deserts over there in Dubai...

PS: Alternatively you can readout speed at 3.5krpm (6th gear) and double it.

Mine is a f/f 197 December '06 and i thought,being an early one,it would have the gearing with long 1st and 2nd and closer together the rest of the gears.

I checked the max speed the other day and i fairly passed 220 km/h on the speedo..is it possible the speedo is so far off that it indicates +7-8 km/h or do i have the next gen gear ratio?

I've never driven an other 197 so i can't compare.
1st and 2nd seem short enough though , they definetly don't need further shortening for any reason..On the other hand,4th,5th,6th are also very close together... :confused1:

Ouch, tend to forget such things as for living near an unrestricted Autobahn :redface:

Anyway, I guess they have some pretty lonesome deserts over there in Dubai...

PS: Alternatively you can readout speed at 3.5krpm (6th gear) and double it.

hhhh... No more mate, they got us new type of radars, smart type, all radars are connected to each other and they calculate how much time you took to reach between them, in simple words, they're watching us :'(

Anyway, I can tell you that my car drives 120 km/h at 3,500 RPM on 6th gear!

Is this helpfull to tell if I got old or new gear?

I didn't get what you said mate: "Alternatively you can readout speed at 3.5krpm (6th gear) and double it"

Sorry :001_unsure:

Mine is a f/f 197 December '06 and i thought,being an early one,it would have the gearing with long 1st and 2nd and closer together the rest of the gears.

I checked the max speed the other day and i fairly passed 220 km/h on the speedo..is it possible the speedo is so far off that it indicates +7-8 km/h or do i have the next gen gear ratio?

You definetely got the old gearbox. Speedo is way off on that speed, especially on standard tyre size. Which is normal btw.

Anyway, I can tell you that my car drives 120 km/h at 3,500 RPM on 6th gear!

Is this helpfull to tell if I got old or new gear?

I didn't get what you said mate: "Alternatively you can readout speed at 3.5krpm (6th gear) and double it"

Sorry :001_unsure:
What I ment was:

When you readout speed at 3.5 krpm you can calculate what speed you would be doing at 7krpm which is the rpm-limit in 6th on the 197.

As far as I can tell you have the TL 4 024 gearbox with new gearing. Otherwise at 120 kph you should have more like 3.8krpm....