Finally Picked one up

Hi all,
Ive posted on here before digging around for info and advise for a 200 (very helpful replies too Thanks)

I am now the proud owner of a low mileage late 2010 200 Cup in Racing Blue. Picked it up on Saturday and brought it 220 miles home. Really pleased with it and couldn’t fault the Renault dealership (I know they don’t get the best press!) I even managed 35.4 mpg on the wet motorway slog home.

A bit about me, always been into cars. Have owned a few fine examples of ‘driver’s cars’ over the years:
DC2 for 3 years
Elise S2 for 2 years
DC5 for 1 year
Clio Trophy for 3 years

Company car due to getting a mortgage for 4 years (focus 1.6tdci) which has been unbelievably fault free.

Now after owning what I have had in the past I have returned to Renaultsport. I did consider another DC2 or Trophy but I wanted something a bit newer for the commute to the train station and weekend b-road drives. The 200 Cup ticks all the boxes for me and after owning the cars mentioned I know that I won’t be left wondering if had of made the wrong choice of car.

Thanks for all the advice before I bought and the info I have picked up by trawling threads about the 200.

Cheers,

Tickle

Fantatic to see you've come back to the Clio, really makes a point that they are a great little motor. The drive back is one of the most enjoyable I find. But you managed 35.4 mpg!? Never seen mine like that. 62 mph? haha Welcome back

Cheers Crezzy
I think with cars its always a case of the grass is always greener and when I was a bit younger I could swap and change cars more frequently, now I am happy sticking with another Renaultsport.

oh, the mpg has gone down a fair bit now Ive had it on some dry twisties!

Wondered where you had disappeared to!!

Hopefully see you round the area, make a change having a bit of colour mixed in with all these black ones that we keep having turning up at the meets in the NW

Welcome mate, you've had some very nice cars !!

I love DC5's how would you compare it to the Clio from what little you've driven it so far ?

Pictures will be up once its been cleaned, its garaged at the min as I still have my company car for my commute for another two weeks.

Regarding the DC5. It was a nice car, excellent seating position, gave the impression you were lower than you actually was due to the higher doors/side windows. The drive was excellent, not crashy, very well planted but that’s probably down to it being quite a big car (compared with what ive driven). They are good looking cars too, mine was championship white with the C-Pack so when it was clean it looked amazing although they don’t stay clean for long especially the white wheels! The V-Tec engines are brilliant but the driving experience was a bit dulled down, the Clio is a bit more of an experience when your concentrating on the gear/revs etc and the engine noise seems to be louder in the Clio too when on it.
The reason I didn’t consider another is because they feel a big car for the type of roads that I like and are local to me. The 200 Cup is more chuckable on twisty B-roads and a bit more fun. No doubt the DC5 would be quicker on a track especially with the LSD. Suppose speed isn’t everything for having fun and just going for a drive for driving sake. That’s only my view of course.
Had a few problems with the HID lights, one got replaced under warranty with the garage I bought it from and then the other one packed in about a month later. Honda charged £400 ish for the work. I think this put me off the car a little, it was imported and things were going wrong with it. It just put doubts in my head about keeping it then hence me only having it for a year.
It was a brilliant car to drive though and when I see one they do look the part. But I know the grass isn’t always greener with cars!

Cheers for all the welcomes too.

Alright it does sound like the Clio is defiantly the car for you now :smile: I think il get a dc5 when I get rid of my r27 haven't considered 1 yet as like you said there imported so insurance is high and I'm only 20 :/
Being an import does put me off though as I imagine parts are difficult to get. My friends has just been driven in to and he's struggling to get the parts. But I think all the positives out weigh the negatives :smile:

Mason, if you do go for the DC5 make sure you get a good one! there are a lot of dodgy garages out there selling cr@p from Japan thats been spruced up for sale. If an Integra price looks too good to be true, it probably is. I seen some bad examples before I bought mine.

Similar Thread Suggestions