Finally... my new 200t

Get it mapped!... I took Matt out in mine yesterday and he loved it, he's going to get his done with RS Tuning next month.

Just wish RS tuning were a bit closer to me. They seem to have a good rep.

Only other option appears to be Superchips. While the bluefin thing sounds a good idea (especially being easily reversible), I get the impression that they have had a few problems with it. And it must just be some sort of generic map, rather than a custom one (IE. rolling road etc.).

Obvious question here. Is the gearbox OK with such a big torque increase as it appears you've got?

Just wish RS tuning were a bit closer to me. They seem to have a good rep.

Only other option appears to be Superchips. While the bluefin thing sounds a good idea (especially being easily reversible), I get the impression that they have had a few problems with it. And it must just be some sort of generic map, rather than a custom one (IE. rolling road etc.).

Obvious question here. Is the gearbox OK with such a big torque increase as it appears you've got?
I drove over 200 miles each way to get to RS Tuning and it's definitely worth it..

Torque is fine, I was a bit worried at first that I was going to destroy the gearbox but it's fine, no problems at all.

Also I'd only ever get a custom map, would never put a generic map on any of my cars.. You get to see how and what your car is running and secondly the map is specifically designed to your car.

Last edited:
I drove over 200 miles each way to get to RS Tuning and it's definitely worth it..

Torque is fine, I was a bit worried at first that I was going to destroy the gearbox but it's fine, no problems at all.

Also I'd only ever get a custom map, would never put a generic map on any of my cars.. You get to see how and what your car is running and secondly the map is specifically designed to your car.

MikeO - Lovely looking motor there pal ! Love the LY on these, hope your still enjoying the car. Just want to apologies for jumping your thread.

Stephen. If you don't mind me asking. What did RSTuning charge you for the custom map. I'm two minutes down the road and would fancy doing this. Is there anything to be concerned about when having it re-mapped?

MikeO - Lovely looking motor there pal ! Love the LY on these, hope your still enjoying the car. Just want to apologies for jumping your thread.

Stephen. If you don't mind me asking. What did RSTuning charge you for the custom map. I'm two minutes down the road and would fancy doing this. Is there anything to be concerned about when having it re-mapped?
Only thing to consider is your engine warrantee.. If anything does go wrong don't expect Renault to fix it.

My car was the first one RS Tuning did so was free but a mate phoned up Saturday at the want a touch under £400.. Think its the same as the Megane 265 map price.

Nice one thanks Stephen. Seeing as mine has been in Renault twice so far for warranty work i'm sure I fancy taking a chance just yet. Touch under £400 seems pretty good though. The lad down there (Paul I think) knows his stuff.

Looks great! Loving the wheel bolts, where did you get those?

By the way I got a boat and drove to RS Tuning to get my 197 mapped as nowhere here has even an average reputation at mapping RenaultSports. Get it mapped :smile:

Looks great! Loving the wheel bolts, where did you get those?...

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/
Decent chap... posts / helps out on clio197.net.
Available lots of other places as well. But bought from them as the guy had been so helpful.

Same bolts as the current gen RS Megane. One mm longer but that's not an issue. TPI do some rather nice looking black bolts as well.

Slightly blurry picture but gives you an idea what had happened to the stock bolts. You could scratch the zinc plating off with your finger nail! Renault CS ended up giving me a £100 voucher against my next service. They were pretty good about it actually.
Just a shame that the yellow/gold colour on the sides of the bolts is not on the end of the bolt, it would look even better on LY.
0042000x1332_zps398ce917.jpg