Fifth Gear: RS 200 Tuning

I love how she just hits one of the corners flat out and just keeps winding more lock on but yet it still goes straight on onto the grass. lol

rick

Just watched it now. Tbh, I think its a fair test. On one condition though. If her first (Standard) time was set on her very first lap then the test is null and void as with every other lap it should see her improving to a point.

If her first (Standard) time was set at a point where she was no longer going any faster then its valid imo.

Remember the Topgear where they set James May a challenge of going 10 seconds faster with instruction from Jackie Stewart. You will reach a point where you can go no faster on your own without help. Whether it be in the form of modifications or driver training.

Just watched it now. Tbh, I think its a fair test. On one condition though. If her first (Standard) time was set on her very first lap then the test is null and void as with every other lap it should see her improving to a point.

If her first (Standard) time was set at a point where she was no longer going any faster then its valid imo.

Remember the Topgear where they set James May a challenge of going 10 seconds faster with instruction from Jackie Stewart. You will reach a point where you can go no faster on your own without help. Whether it be in the form of modifications or driver training.

I'm with you on this, she should have had more time on her own to get to know the track, and the car as much as possible in the time available.

I think they would have been better getting Jason to do his stuff and get the improvement there with a standard car, then do the mods in turn, then maybe finish with all the mods combined to see the combined time.

As it was she would probably have improved lap by lap, with zero mods.

To be fair to fifth gear, this type of thing probably has to be all wrapped up in a day, so it doesn't give much time for all of the above.

I noticed she bounced it off the rev limiter a few times, but I never heard the warning beeps. maybe I was just blinded by her beauty..:jase2: in fact I liked it so much, I stayed up to watch it on +1.

Mike

What an unprofessional test. It would have been interesting to see how her lap times improved if they had just let her drive lap after lap round the track with no mods. There test made it look like all you need is Jason Plato to move the steering wheel for you. Also why didn't they get Pollyanna Woodward instead !!!

What an unprofessional test. It would have been interesting to see how her lap times improved if they had just let her drive lap after lap round the track with no mods. There test made it look like all you need is Jason Plato to move the steering wheel for you. Also why didn't they get Pollyanna Woodward instead !!!

Pollyanna.... Oo ooh.... Drool

Thats TV for you :smiley:

load of tosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

map the car then fit a freer flowing exhaust.....

she was learning the track whilst going round and gaining confidence :slap:

how much power did the bluefin provide to make it 6secs a lap quicker :lol:

I thought it was making a good point, but I agree with people on what they're saying about her learning the track. She needed to do a couple of laps after each mod was removed and then either the average or best lap time taken.