Federal RS-R 215/45/17 side wall question

Just wondering if anybody could shine some light on this for me,

Ive just bought some speedlines for my 197 & want to put some RS-R's on them, i currently have them on my 172 in 205/45/16 & the side walls look as they should a 45 profile, however a friend has just bought a set in 195/50/15 & the side walls look bigger than a 50 profile & spoils the look.

I just thought id ask anybody on here who is running them in 215/45/17 what the side wall looks like before i buy a set as i dont want them looking any bigger. I already think the side walls (45) on the conti 3s im running now look too big :worried:

Does anybody even use 215/40/17?

Cheers

Craig

The reason your size wall is bigger is that the 45 or 50 is a percentage of the tyre width so with you having a wider tyre will give you a bigger side wall. So the wider the tyre the bigger the side wall for the same side wall ratio.

Only way to reduce your side wall properly is fit 18's and low profile tyres.

Thanks for the reply dude,

i know what your saying & how to work it out, but i just meant my friends 195/50 look alot bigger than a 50 profile compared to 195/50/15 tyres ive had in the past & bigger than another friends 195/50/15 ad08s, so i was worried that the rsr's in 215/45/17 would look bigger than they are, as imo the the side walls on the conti 3s im running now look abit too big. Hope that makes abit more sense :smile: or maybe im just thinking to much into it lol.

I have a spare set of cup alloys for my 595 rsr track tyres. From memory they look identical to the road set fitted with goodyear eagle f1 and the avon zv3 that were fitted before. All are the same 215/45 R17 size

Similar Thread Suggestions