Fed up of clio, both headlights blown for 2nd time :/

Well hello, firstly id like to say i got a problem lol :smile:

For the 2nd time in 2 months i now have no headlights on my car, ive had 2 lots of bulbs now and they both seem to blow, they are xenon bulbs off ebay for £14.99 and these were fitted wearing gloves so no touching of the glass

Im having to drive round with foglights on as i dont have a day off to fit the new HID's until wednesday

Any ideas what it could be?

Im hoping a decent HID direct kit is going to sort the problem for good

Thanks

Carl

You say they are Xenon bulbs in one part and HIDs in another.

Are these simply uprated normal bulbs or actually HIDs?

If uprated normal bulbs then you can change them 5 mins (or I can at least).

I found that the xenons (normal bulbs, not HID) kept blowing on my 197, stopped using them and then it was fine!

Meant to say if it's normal bulbs you're looking try either Philips Xtreme Vision or Mtec Diamond White. I've used both in my 200 without issue for extended periods of time without issue.

sorry for all the confusion, they are standard bulbs but (xenon alikes) ... i now have a HID kit to fit tomorow

Thanks for the tips

As for the wiring im not sure at all, all other lights work fine but its the main dipped beam that keeps blowing

Cheap Chinese imports, don't last 5 minutes. Get a pr from a local trade supplier to try, cost about £3. The Xenon look a likes only last a short time, if you buy them out of Halfords they even say so on the box.

Bulbs have been a big issue with mine, you might say it's a false economy but I now just buy cheap ones off eBay as they cost very little, last the same amount of time and it's a doddle to change.

Buy cheap buy twice. Just because you paid 15 quid on ebay doesnt mean they are good. More then likely they cost the seller only a 5er.

I always buy good bulbs and never had to replace them in any cars ive had

reason why!

Most bulbs like Xenon looks are always sh*t! It because some they are 100w which is not good for the car and can melt the wires.

Best to use any bulbs in 55w.