Fed up with your 200T and its bad changes and you want to put a big smile on ...

As per the title, fed up with your new RS200T, well I have just found the fix.

Get into Renault and get the very latest software update, it is full of fixes. Then get yourself booked into RS Tuning for their new mapping to suit. Everything is well rosy, more importantly no check injection/gearbox overheat faults, as with other maps.

Paul mapped my 200 the other year and he transformed the car, he has worked his magic once again. Remember, don't be dragged in by silly numbers, it is how it drives. After watching Paul work and his meticulous method in scanning the full factory map, he smooths all the c R a p out, while still keeping the car within the factory limits. Mpg is up as well, sat on cruise on the way home at 74mph it averaged 40mpg, usually get 34.5. After playing about a bit it is now in the 38's

Last edited:
Ooh an update!
Just as the pistonheads long termer goes back and they declare it crap because of the gearbox.

Nice one Womble. Does this software update make the gearbox quicker as well? Any dyno graphs?

I just don't see what all the fuss is about mine is fine, it is even better now. Have a look as RS Tuning on Faceboob for graphs

I couldn't change gear manually as quick as this does, even in auto. I think the press are trying to compare this with cars of greater value. Remember the first Aston Martins with flappy paddles. Come into the 21st century, soon every performance car will have flappy paddles, just like race cars. Can you imagine Lewis Hamilton wanting a manual gearbox...........

Last edited:
RST are superb in general. I need to revisit my thoughts around the 200T but I've not seen anything as yet to make me want one. I think it's going to take a couple of goes by Renault before they get it right.

i just got mine from the dealer and the last software for the edc box was from end of 2013. definitely an improvement though compared to the early 2013 factory tune...

I was reading about software updates a while back but read that dealers were not doing it? What exactly is changed and did you just book in exclusively for a software update or just get them to do it whilst it's in for service?

I'll be going to RSTuning soon too :smile:

I got the latest downloads done from Renault when my car was in for a service last week and it made no difference
as I've said before the gearbox in race is superb best I've driven but if you let it do its own thing it is a pile of ****e
just yesterday I went to pull away from a junction and it jumped from 1st to 3rd missing out 2nd then it went all into a false neutral while displaying third gear , the car just Revs up and down with no drive for about ten seconds before jumping back to first getting drive but all the time while this was happening the guy behind me nearly rear ended me and started shouting abuse
yes womble maybe rs could remap good but this invalidates your warranty and if gearbox goes bang your in for a big bill
I'm leaving any modding until the warranty is finished

I'm mainly been driving mine in auto, occasionally have to flick a paddle to select a prefered gear but generally it's very good. Stamp the pedal and it will drop you down some gears and it flys.

do use the paddles on the back roads though, much better in sport, not actually tried race yet, don't really want the esp off lol.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about mine is fine, it is even better now. Have a look as RS Tuning on Faceboob for graphs

I couldn't change gear manually as quick as this does, even in auto. I think the press are trying to compare this with cars of greater value. Remember the first Aston Martins with flappy paddles. Come into the 21st century, soon every performance car will have flappy paddles, just like race cars. Can you imagine Lewis Hamilton wanting a manual gearbox...........

those early gearboxes were automated manuals/full autos with paddles so a different sort of box compared to edc dual clutch set up

having said that the cars I have driven had no issues and on my drive to and from work I do at times think it would be better (the trophy) with a dc box :slap:

Last edited:
Lewis specifically had his Zonda 760 changed from a sequential to a manual gearbox! (hence why it has the LH designator)
Sorry, I definitely agree the EDC is awesome, just bad luck with the example! :tongueout:

I really need to try a 200t. I've driven autos in the 90s and thoroughly enjoyed them. I just don't know if they suit the raw edge driving style you adapt when driving a hot hatch. I nearly bought one at our local garage but opted to buy a Raider mainly for the looks but it was a safe bet also having owned a 197 and knowing how they perform. I do regret not trying the new car now, not because I don't like my 200 but to satisfy my curiosity. I've never known such a mixed reaction of opinions. I still can't believe that it can deliver the pure thrills of the 197/200? However I'll just have try one and find out for myself.

I really need to try a 200t. I've driven autos in the 90s and thoroughly enjoyed them. I just don't know if they suit the raw edge driving style you adapt when driving a hot hatch. I nearly bought one at our local garage but opted to buy a Raider mainly for the looks but it was a safe bet also having owned a 197 and knowing how they perform. I do regret not trying the new car now, not because I don't like my 200 but to satisfy my curiosity. I've never known such a mixed reaction of opinions. I still can't believe that it can deliver the pure thrills of the 197/200? However I'll just have try one and find out for myself.

Will take you out in mine this weekend if we stop for long enough!

Similar Thread Suggestions