Fast 5

Loved it. LOVED IT.

It fits nicely after Fast & Furious and the next one, ''Sexy 6'' will plug the gap between this one and Tokyo Drift. Leaving us with one hell of a film to fit after Tokyo Drift. Cannot wait. :smiley: There was 3 or 4 parts of this one that got me a bit emotional if I'm honest, I know it sounds quite sad but I've grown up with these characters and this storyline.

I know what you mean with growing up with them, there were a few points that I though 'good for you' especially disappearing with the money! :wink:

It should work out really well with all of the films! I was saying the other day that I hope they keep making them, however I also hope they make one less than the audience wants - I would hate them to end on a crap one... :001_huh:

Well, the staff wanted to transition more towards ''action'' films instead of ''car'' films and planned to do 3 films in the ''action'' style to tie the series up. Fast 5 is the first of these films, so it fits well with how I'm thinking that 6 will bridge this to TD and the last ''action'' style film will be a big, post TD finale. I think whatever comes after TD would have to wrap it up as a fair few of the ''family'' have snuffed it by that point and like you say, it'd be a shame to keep dragging it on and ruin it.

Hahaha, yeah I loved that bit, very clever how they did it!!! Also when they rescue Hobbs and when Vince comes back, it's like old times. :smiley:

I think if you're as sad as me and you seem to be then you'll get more from this film as you'll see little hints towards the past ones etc. :smile:

I finally saw it last night. Was brilliant, apart from my 30 second toilet break didn't take my eyes off the screen! I like how the whole thing has gone from cheesy to bit more grown up.

But as always NOS has to be slid inside there somewhere huh? lol

Yes!!! NOS!!! And a twin bottle set up at that, just like the original RX7!!! :smiley:

Yeah I completely agree! About the 'sad' bit too, however I prefer the term 'enthusiastic' LMAO!

Yeah there were loads of nods to the previous ones and I think more than a few towards the future ones too. Monte Carlo being one of them IMO! :wink:

Yeah I would be happy with a wrap up after the TD sequel - I just hope it is a goodie! :smile:

I finally saw it last night. Was brilliant, apart from my 30 second toilet break didn't take my eyes off the screen! I like how the whole thing has gone from cheesy to bit more grown up.

But as always NOS has to be slid inside there somewhere huh? lol

LOL Yeah gotta have NOS! yahoo.gif

Vin has always said he wants to do Europe as it's the one major territory (in car terms) they haven't yet done...

And like you say, Berlin & Monaco are pretty much in Europe so the signs are good. :smiley:

I just finished watching the first fast and furious, it was a great film back in the day and isn't bad now but compared to the new one it certainly shows its age

Yeah I agree with that. Its sort of grown up as the audience have. I do miss some of the racing though...

The racing is very need for speed like, changing down half way through a drag race to get MORE POWER and crazy drifts around the corners, all in stickered up cars with crap body kits! Think people are a bit past the max power stuff now but yea a bit more racing would have been nice in the new one

The thing is I saw a porter for the film a couple of months ago and sort of proved that I can be a car geek...

I said it wasn't a gt3 at all, guess what its not really. It just has the stickers... ;/