Fao woody and mike urgent > > > >

I've noticed lately there seems to be at least 3 ''What Springs?'' threads a week going up. :worried:

SEARCH. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. SEEEEEAAAAARCH!!! But, I'm too polite to say that, so I always try and be helpful. :smiley:

Very different forum than a year ago and TBH I wouldn't have been able to put my car back on the road without some of the knowledgable members that have since gone. Shame but dare I say that its getting more like 'cliosport'

Oolong the rabbit is a legend, unfortunately he passed away but before doing so he managed to wear a multitude of objects on his head...

This link is a must, the toilet roll is my favourite.. http://issuu.com/kesselskramerpublishing/docs/in_almost_every_picture_8

The Turtle has to be my fav, never seen those pictures before, quite clever really!

Very different forum than a year ago and TBH I wouldn't have been able to put my car back on the road without some of the knowledgable members that have since gone. Shame but dare I say that its getting more like 'cliosport'

Don't say that!! We don't want to go into site bashing so I'll stop before I say anything about cliosport

Simple case of people need to post more comment on threads start threads etc

Look at the golden days everyone commented on each others thread with an almost equal viewed to posted numbers now people look but don't post

Come on guys get involved share your stories and make the site great again

Don't say that!! We don't want to go into site bashing so I'll stop before I say anything about cliosport[/QUOTE]

Not site bashing, just more like it.....lol.

Don't say that!! We don't want to go into site bashing so I'll stop before I say anything about cliosport

Not site bashing, just more like it.....lol.[/QUOTE]

Tbh I think yo u couldn't be more wrong. The difference is chalk and cheese mate.

Like CS, hmm how did you come to that conclusion?

Just because people don't always agree with each other, does not make the site unfriendly.

Unlike other forums you can ask questions and not be made out to be dumb as ****e or be set upon by the "regulars"

This forum has a good vibe imho.

Not site bashing, just more like it.....lol.

Tbh I think yo u couldn't be more wrong. The difference is chalk and cheese mate.[/QUOTE]

Just because people don't always agree with each other, does not make the site unfriendly.

Unlike other forums you can ask questions and not be made out to be dumb as ****e or be set upon by the "regulars"

Funny because never mention to what context it was like CS. Never mentioned that the site was unfriendly either or 'the vibe'. I don't find CS unfriendly, just it should be 1*2 sport cause they generally don't appear to like 197's/200.

People seem to make assumptions about lots of things on here at the moment. IMO The forum has lost a lot of actual knowledge and expertise. What you have are people now telling you about things but not having actually done anything (like CS). What we did have were members who talked from an informed position.

Jase's car actually made me want to mod mine. His car was about pushing the envelope on how it looked. Not just following what everyone else has done. Loved Woodys cause he was equally willing to try new things mechanically. What they did (along with others) was aspire you to do something different, in the knowledge that if you got it wrong or it didn't work, people were transparent enough to say why. This kept the forum honest, fresh and full of new ideas.

Just an opinion. Its late, I'm on duty so gonna get some work done.....got to save Bolton from itself. lol

Last edited:
I've noticed lately there seems to be at least 3 ''What Springs?'' threads a week going up. :worried:

SEARCH. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. SEEEEEAAAAARCH!!! But, I'm too polite to say that, so I always try and be helpful. :smiley:

this is true but we were all "new members" one day and it will be like that on a car specific forum like this

that good to know :clap:

as for the forum losing knowlegde etc i dont think 1/project car makes the forum its more ownership experience and help then modding the wheels off the thing....for those that do it well its great and very interesting

for me if i get the chance and at the moment i wont it wont be turbo or super-charging it....it will stay n/a with just the internals done on a spare engine IF i get chance with a photo progress for all to see :thumbup1:

You should be more clear in what you mean, then people would not make assumptions :tongueout:

People say they would like this forum to be more active, like what A20n says, people need to post more but then on the other hand you say you only want peoples input who have actually done the mods or have first hand experience, two very conflicting statements right there.

This forum is not all about modifying your car. Allot of people, me included don't like to fiddle and change things, the percentage of people who do are very slim, so you are going to get opinions from people who have not done what you are asking.

All forums are like this, if you really don’t want someone to post who has no experience then say so at the start of your thread.

Last edited:
You should be more clear in what you mean, then people would not make assumptions :tongueout:

People say they would like this forum to be more active, like what A2ON says, people need to post more but then on the other hand you say you only want peoples input who have actually done the mods or have first hand experience, two very conflicting statements right there.

This forum is not all about modifying your car. Allot of people, me included don't like to fiddle and change things, the percentage of people who do, are very slim, so you are going to get opinions from people who have not done what you are asking.

For example in the "Flames For Your 197" thread, all I said was I don’t like flames and cant see the point, few people agreed and then a post popped up in regards to this site becoming more like CS, so we are not allowed to voice our opinion now without being compared to another site?

All forums are like this, if you really don’t want someone to post who has no experience, then say so at the start of your thread.

ps. the sites broken, forum keeps going down coming then back up again.

People say they would like this forum to be more active, like what A2ON says, people need to post more but then on the other hand you say you only want peoples input who have actually done the mods or have first hand experience, two very conflicting statements right there.

This forum is not all about modifying your car, more of a owners forum. Allot of people, me included don't like to fiddle and change things, the percentage of people who do, are very slim. So you are going to get opinions from people who have not done what you are asking.

For example in the "Flames For Your 197" thread, all I said was I don’t like flames and cant see the point, few people agreed and then a post popped up in regards to this site becoming more like CS, so we are not allowed to voice our opinion now without being compared to another site?

All forums work like this, if you really don’t want someone to post who has no experience, then say so at the start of your thread.