FAO ITG Maxogen owners

Have any of you replaced the cold air feed? If so did you go to ITG directly or did you try something different?

I was advised to change mine by Paul at RS Tuning as there are rips in it which wont eb helping.

Cheers,
Chris

£45!!! Think I bet get the duct tape out :smiley:

here we go - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/102mm-4-B...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0eb4d6d7

Will double check the size though like you said, thanks again!

yep there not cheap mate,to replace the neoprene one your using will be a fair bit cheaper but you may end up with the same problem in time,especially if your planning on removing and refitting for cleaning or any other reason,you can run it without this hose on and you may get a slightly better flow,plus it will be a touch loader,:thumbup1:

How would you get a better flow witout the hose? I thought it was there to feed the cold air? If its not needed I will just remove it instead or replacing it.

How would you get a better flow witout the hose? I thought it was there to feed the cold air? If its not needed I will just remove it instead or replacing it.

I wondered about this on mine as well. I cant really see how much the hose is helping as its pretty narrow and just points downward beside the battery?!

to be fair to get the best out of these, you need to remove/or get a smaller battery and a right angled silicon hose to direct the maxogen over where the battery sits towards the back of headlight with a small bit of cold air feed hose on the end behind the light itself, running the maxogen behind the back of the the battery without air feed will stuck in hot air, with cold air feed, which will be squash, reduce airflow and of which will probably be hot air anyway.

Might remove it then for a bit and see if i feel any difference. I would love to get a varley red top but just dont have the cash. Is it just a 90 degree silicone hose thats needed if i did get the battery?

Might remove it then for a bit and see if i feel any difference. I would love to get a varley red top but just dont have the cash. Is it just a 90 degree silicone hose thats needed if i did get the battery?

yes mate 90 degree one is right,i have a spare one you can have if you get a redtop.

it does have to be a redtop battery, i bet there all different makes of smaller batteries

its just what i personally think bud,i think its along way for the air filter to be sucking air through a pretty small hose,and a hose that has a bad bend in it and will be all crinkled inside and squashed into the corner giving bad flow,i personally think if you do run flexi pipes of this nature then they need to be sticking out of the front of the car/grill so the air is getting rammed up as opposed to getting sucked up

Last edited:
yeah see what you mean. What I might do is remove the hose and save up for a smaller battery and use the setup Mark has used.

yeah see what you mean. What I might do is remove the hose and save up for a smaller battery and use the setup Mark has used.

yeah mark and i use similar setups,this is mine...

6782696230_b9fa06f552_b.jpg
maxogen setup by scott1532, on Flickr

you can kind of see my theory with leaving the end of the maxogen open witch benefits me i think at low speeds as the filter can suck more air,at high speeds its influenced by the CAF,each to there own but it seems to work on mine,my CAF...

6928819939_b19429cf59_b.jpg
CAF by scott1532, on Flickr

the thing with my CAF anyway is you won't notice to much difference on the rollers (its close to the side of the car) as most cooling fans are smallish and don't replicate road use (RR fans are always central),but as you've prob noticed clios are a fair bit faster in cold weather,i can confirm this setup makes that difference all the more,i still think there's more to be had from this sort of setup,a fully enclosed V6 style corner airbox with big CAF,when i get time

Last edited:
Thanks for those pics, gives me an idea on where to place feeds etc. currently looking at a smaller battery and hoping to get it at a good price

Thanks for those pics, gives me an idea on where to place feeds etc. currently looking at a smaller battery and hoping to get it at a good price

i even tried this setup at RS Tuning after he got my car running right after the Y pipe...

7233770294_e1b7054a82_b.jpg
open cone setup by scott1532, on Flickr

it ran slightly more peak power,204bhp iirc and thats without mapping it in but i lost mid range torque,paul said he may have been able to get that back but said i was prob best running the maxogen as the extra peak power i'd achieved with the open filter could have come from the fact that all cars are RR'd with the bonnet open so inturn gives a slightly false reading on an open cone,fudge me though the noise was simply awesome,if i passing again i think for £120 vat included it could be worth it for the noise alone