FAO for members with megane conversion

Paul bought mine at rs tuning. But as the 197 engine is fairly essy to get hold of, unless your price is low, it wont be move anywhere quick

sold mine to ktec after they converted it. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them, so not much value.

despite what some people are asking for on ebay!

Sold the following for...

£150 Head
£150 Cams
£100 Airbox
£100 Inlet Manifold
£75 Exhaust Manifold

Then scrapped what was left of the engine as well as the gearbox. The truth is they're worth more in parts and easier to sell then as a whole engine. You can reuse a few components such as AC Pump on the Megane engine anyway. Also, parts are a lot easier to post then a whole engine hahaha!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
I just sold a pair of cams for £70 posted, sad times

had no interested on any other price I had them up for

Yep, £150, people will pay what they think something is worth and in the summer that was the going rate when people were just starting to try them in 1*2s. Sold two sets for that price infact!!! :smiley:

Mine sold for 600 odd on ebay and went to Italy. I had a load of people from random places looking mine

Not a bad price as it will be a quick sale. I've got all the gear for megane conversion but waiting till after Xmas! I'm debating weather to strip my old engine as I have cat cams fitted. So there worth a bit.

Not a bad price as it will be a quick sale. I've got all the gear for megane conversion but waiting till after Xmas! I'm debating weather to strip my old engine as I have cat cams fitted. So there worth a bit.

I think that would be worth taking them out, especially because depending on price I might be interested in them haha

might get more stripping it in to bits then as a whole engine as you say cams etc worth more than "standard" items...