Facelift rear lights

Having seen a few guys on here with them fitted I'm quite interested in doing the same. (GT style)

Just wondering if anyone has any good pictures and a rough price. I have messaged Karl but just waiting on a price.

Are they a straight swap for the standard lights or is a bit of messing around with the wiring required?

robby and paddy - the passenger side cluster is a straight swap but on the drivers side you need to change the reverse light into a fog light,its a doddle to do,just swap two of the spade type connectors around in the plug and bobs your uncle

one thing to note though guys,these lights don't have reflectors in them so i've bought some stick on ones for a couple of quid off ebay that i'll use for half an hour when its MOT time and then take them off after,tbf i've never known a tester check for reflectors anyway but better to keep it right

So if you were not too bothered about the fog light they're a straight swap.

Looks like another trip to the scrap yard for parts for me then.

So if you were not too bothered about the fog light they're a straight swap.

Looks like another trip to the scrap yard for parts for me then.

don't see the point going to the scrap yard mate,they are virtually the same price new as they are on ebay from salvage yards

also forgot to mention you'll need a red bulb for the fog light as the lense is clear,i just bought a cheap silverlight one off ebay

well yeah they would be a straight swap but for the very little work required is it worth it!,hmmm....no fog would be very illegal!

I kinda know the guy in the scrap yard as mate owns a garage and I'm over for him on a regualr basis so I recon £50 or so should lift a set.

As an example I recently priced interior trim bits from a Renault breaker in England, they wanted £80 Plus delivery. Went to the local scrappy and 10 mins looking around a few cars and £15 later and the bits were mine.

just had a look on ebay and you could save yourself a few quid as it happens

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a6c1455d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a6c1455e

not sure if these are a genuine part though

Brand new, boxed with EU Compliant 'E' Markings

12 Months Warranty

Aftermarket High Quality Item, not Genuine

-------

I looked at these but not being genuine put me off a little. Scrap yards still want £100 and there is the chance they might be damaged. New seems to be the best bet here.

robby and paddy - the passenger side cluster is a straight swap but on the drivers side you need to change the reverse light into a fog light,its a doddle to do,just swap two of the spade type connectors around in the plug and bobs your uncle

one thing to note though guys,these lights don't have reflectors in them so i've bought some stick on ones for a couple of quid off ebay that i'll use for half an hour when its MOT time and then take them off after,tbf i've never known a tester check for reflectors anyway but better to keep it right

Dont suppose you happen to know which wires needed swapping around for this? Or does anyone have a diagram of the rear plugs?

Thread revival! As above has anyone got a wiring diagram or can tell me what wires need swapping?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions