F1 season 2013 (comments for this season all here!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be but Renault engines historically have been good at the start of a new engine and at the end of that engine

I agree with foxspeed, Mercedes have been phenomenal this year consistently pushing to the front and getting some great results, with the rule change next year closing the pack up hopefully see a better performance from all teams and potentially some (dare I say it?) racing.

Nah I do believe Horner when he says they don't have a no. 2 driver, I think it's more of a natural favouritism towards vettel because of his ability to win races consistently.

I do hope Daniel can challenge seb next season though, but I do think its gonna take a few races to find his feet and by then vettel would probably be too far ahead.
So lets hope with the new regs, redbull build a dog of a car and we see the likes of jenson challenging for the championship next season! :bounce1:

tbf the red bulls dont really start that well at the begining of the season, not bad starting by any means, but they prgressively get dominate throughout the season with developement

I'm honestly not sure. I would love to see the Merc start winning races I like Nico and Lewis as drivers, and they both deserve some wins (maybe even a world tittle), but Red Bull are just so far in front?! With Renault having no 'official' team on the grid, I would imagine they are working VERY closely with Red Bull to develop next years car and chassis. So that kind of discounts any advantage that the likes Ferrari or Merc might have of doing the engine in-house.

Mclaren still seem like a lost cause to me, they were hit and miss all season, they seemed to have no idea why one week they were top 5 and the next week they couldn't get out of Q2. They barely made any improvement all season either, which to me seems like a team that's completely lost its way. Add in to that their relationship with Merc is getting strained now everyone knows Honda are supplying them from 2015, how can they possibly put together a race winning programme for next year? IMO, they need to get Ross Brawn on the team early next year/now, and let him learn what he can next year and start work straight away on the Honda powered car for '15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions