expensive mot

Now as this is this cars first mot with me and it looks like I'm paying for previous short cuts.

It needs a new ball joint, new rear springs, a service, a new rear brake caliper, 4 tyres, Rear disks and pads, and no doubt more.

Owuch.

I know your pain, my last one was cambelt+aux belt and everything included, rear discs, pads all round, oil change, service and mot.

That's what happens

they seem to fall off a cliff with service items around 5-6 years.

100% true i bought mine at 6 year old and in the 3 year of ownership has has new gearbox pads and discs all round, 2 bottom wishbone arms 3 hub carriers, 2 stabiliser arms, exhaust manifold, 2 track arms, 2 handbrake cables, osr caliper, and nsf track rod end timing belt kit. oh and 6 tyres lol. Fair to say all common faults heve been done . Tho most of it was covered by autocare. You really need to look after these cars or it will hit you hard in the 1 go!!

100% true i bought mine at 6 year old and in the 3 year of ownership has has new gearbox pads and discs all round, 2 bottom wishbone arms 3 hub carriers, 2 stabiliser arms, exhaust manifold, 2 track arms, 2 handbrake cables, osr caliper, and nsf track rod end timing belt kit.  oh and 6 tyres lol. Fair to say all common faults heve been done . Tho most of it was covered by autocare. You really need to look after these cars or it will hit you hard in the 1 go!!

Bloody hell that's one big list there mate! Mine is 7 years old, it's currently sitting on 60k miles and all it had was a steering rack and a ball joint!

Bloody hell that's one big list there mate! Mine is 7 years old, it's currently sitting on 60k miles and all it had was a steering rack and a ball joint!

Yeah mate, so lucky i took the autocare warranty!! Was contemplating leaving it too! At £12 a month for the 2 year had to take it . At least i know mostly everything has been replaced.you had your car from new ?.

No mate, I got it second hand about three and a half years ago, it was still under renault extended warranty and still is:smile:

Great decision to keep the warranty mate! Paid off nicely it seems:smile:

A friend of mine who knows someone who works for Renult say some mechanics actually pass the front end with play in the hub carrier to avoid doing it as its such a b"#%! To do!